Please sign Brian May's e-petition if you are against the badger cull. Thank you.

(5 Posts)
notcitrus Tue 16-Oct-12 22:46:32

Problem with vaccination is we only have an injectable badger vaccine which is obviously expensive to use as you have to catch your badgers first as well as needing trained staff to jab them.

And unclear how well it works, as the pilot of it was cancelled.

Hopefully an edible vaccine will be available soon, or a method to distinguish vaccinated from infected cows.

I'm glad it's up for debate anyway as the petition in itself (as I understand it) wasn't an automatic prompt.

Will watch out with interest.

Franniefanakapan Tue 16-Oct-12 20:14:56

Oh OK! But I might get a few more! Every little helps! The debate is going to be on next Thursday, I believe, but don't take it as gospel. This article is useful, about today's decision. www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/oct/16/badger-cull-commons-debate?CMP=twt_gu

It did the rounds a couple of weeks ago, including when it passed the 100,000 mark, so there have been plenty of signatures already.

Do you know when the debate is planned for?

Franniefanakapan Tue 16-Oct-12 20:05:33

Dear Mums

Please sign Brian May's e-petition if you are against the proposed government badger cull. The badgers (and our cows) need you mums to support the best solution which is vaccination NOW!

(Latest news: Parliamentary debate secured today. Good step forward, but we need the petition to be as big as possible.)

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38257

Thanks

Fran Carpenter (supporter of Team Badger) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now