First Communion fashion advice needed.

(111 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:23:34

Are silver shoes (for DD, not me!) a massive no...

...and what is your DD wearing in her hair/on her head?

LynetteScavo Mon 13-May-13 18:27:48

Probably no one needs them now...but Tesco are selling white shoes (which stay on!) for 5....I only know about them because I stopped a random child and asked them where they got their shoes. grin

I popped to Tesco after school with DD and got her some...which means I won't have to faff about trying to tie the H&M ones onto DDs feet.

(I still want these but can't justify it for one hours wear, when no one will really notice)

LynetteScavo Mon 13-May-13 18:28:11

that's £5

wigglesrock Mon 20-May-13 08:37:47

Think there may have been a few that did theirs on Saturday!

Hope everyone had a great time. Dd1s went really well, even though the rain bucketed :-). She was lovely, they all were, I cried but not as much as my Mum smile

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Mon 20-May-13 14:07:38

It's me! NotTreading, still wearing my Eurovision name!

All done and dusted and out the other end unscathed....

I cried more than anyone in the place

LynetteScavo Wed 05-Jun-13 20:17:51

In case anyone is still here...just wanted to say it was the most beautiful perfect day, ever. smile

There were six DC, all girls, who DD knew from school, which made it special for her.

Afterwards there was a white stretch Hummer outside for one of the girls. grin

DH earnestly tried telling DD (and me hmm) the girl needed such a large car, because she had such a large family.

I only wish I'd taken more photos.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Wed 05-Jun-13 20:25:00

I'm still here! In fact, was going to bump this thread to see how everyone's went!

Lovely Lynette, glad it went well! I took 150 pics and we have to go to the photographer this week to order the official churchy ones. The dvd we get in September.

LynetteScavo Wed 05-Jun-13 22:13:19

We don't get a DVD anymore. sad

I found the DVD of DS1's FHC the other day...it was soooo sweet! (And his cheeks were so chubby! grin)

No official photos either. I think I may have to put DD back in her dress, and do her hair, and get her to pose a bit next time the sun comes out, so we have a nice photo to frame.

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Thu 06-Jun-13 13:53:51

Oh yes you must! I keep forgetting to go to the photographers to look through (and order) the official ones.

Must say, it's been the one and only time when I have been amazed and thrilled at Italian organisation precision. Clockwork. Everything, perfect. Why don't they let priests and catechist ladies run the country I ask myself......grin

wigglesrock Thu 06-Jun-13 23:12:19

LynetteScavo we did that smile Bucketed down on the day of dds. But they all wore them again on Sunday for Corpus Christi and the weather was lovely, so parked dd1 out the back and took loads of photos.

We get our DVD next week I think. The PTA do it and then the proceeds go to the school.

Glad it all went well smile

I was wondering where this thread had gotten to!

I'm glad it went so well Lynette, sounds like a really lovely day. And a hummer is always good for some added entertainment wink

Dd had another go in the dress for the corpus Christi procession on Sunday and it was a gloriously sunny day so we got some lovely pics.

Dd insisted on ordering the DVD, no sign of it appearing yet though, they break for summer in two weeks so it would want to come soon hmm

sweetkitty Sat 08-Jun-13 22:48:34

DD1 made hers a few weeks ago, it poured own all day hmm she was stunning, there was 19 who made it. She loved all the attention. Only down side was I invited too many children to the afters in our house they wrecked the place hmm.

It was sunny in the corpus christi procession though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now