Help with prayer for friend

(4 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Tue 19-Feb-13 09:46:36

Do not be afraid to include silences in prayer, when it's time for you to speak, you'll know.

MaryBS Fri 08-Feb-13 19:57:49

You probably don't have to say much at all, just sitting with her and being a friend would mean a lot, I am sure.

JaneLane Thu 07-Feb-13 15:05:26

When I'm struggling to pray I tend to turn to my Book of Common Worship for inspiration.

There's some prayers on their website here which may give you some ideas of what to say or inspire you about what you would like to say.

You don't have to copy them word for word but they may help you form what you want to say into a structure.

Praying for your friend at this difficult time and that you feel you are able to comfort her.

Lostfound Thu 07-Feb-13 14:41:31

Hi, I'm trying to become better at praying. I'm not very good with words so find it difficult to pray out loud with others. In private it's a lot easier as I find I have more thinking time.

Recently a friend of mine lost her father, I would like to pray with her but am not sure what sort of thing to say.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now