catholics is RCIA for practicing catholics who nwant to find out more?

(5 Posts)
Gingerdodger Thu 07-Feb-13 06:06:06

No problem. If you decide to go I hope that you get lots out of it.

demisemiquaver Wed 06-Feb-13 20:08:47

thankyou both

Gingerdodger Wed 06-Feb-13 07:05:15

Katy is right, technically it is for non Catholics wishing to find out more. I think each Parish does it a bit differently so it is probably worth chatting to the Parish Priest but I think, in practice, lots of Catholics who wish to understand more can benefit. I attended one which was a real mixture of people and everybody benefited from everybody else's experiences.

KatyTheCleaningLady Wed 06-Feb-13 00:10:39

Yes! I am pretty sure they would be happy to have you. If by some odd fluke a weirdo said "Oh, but this isn't for cradle catholics..." then I am confident the next parish on down the road would welcome you. I have gone to RCIA as a confirmed Catholic and I've seen others doing the same thing.

Technically, RCIA is for unbaptised catchumens, but they use it for those converting from other Christian denominations who have valid baptisms. It's just the general catechism class.

Nobody is required to join the Church, either. People who are just curious are perfectly welcome.

demisemiquaver Wed 06-Feb-13 00:04:46

can anyone tell me ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now