Fairy god mothers

(6 Posts)
luckywinner Mon 04-Feb-13 17:33:15

I am getting my dd christened soon, and have my sis and bil as godparents. However I have three lovely friends who I've met through school (have two other dc). I have had a tough two years and they have helped and looked after me. I really want them to have a part in dd's life, but is it inappropriate to ask them to be godmothers or could I do something unofficial?

IndigoBarbie Mon 04-Feb-13 20:29:54

I think it's lovely that you would like to recognise their support, officially. I see nothing wrong in asking them to be godmothers smile of the fairy kind, or any other sort smile

hiddenhome Tue 05-Feb-13 09:54:49

You can have more than one Godmother, so perhaps you could include them smile

luckywinner Tue 05-Feb-13 12:26:31

At the mo she will have my sis as godmother and my two brothers in law as godfathers. Do you think having another 2 is a bit much? Sounds daft but I've only known them a couple of years and wondered if it was inappropriate somehow?!

Tommy Tue 05-Feb-13 12:29:29

not inappropriate at all - and lovely that you want them to be part of your DD's life.
We chose non family members for god-parents as we knew that my siblings would always be part of the DSs' lives so I think it's a good idea! smile

susiey Thu 21-Feb-13 08:58:31

all of my 4dc have 5 god parents one has 6!
None are relatives as it happens as I felt they had to be there anyway! They tend to have 1 couple that's the same for all of them, one couple that's different and one single person of the same gender as them.
I feel that if you come from a big family it's nice that there's something they don't share with their siblings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now