Angels to believe or not to believe.

(85 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:53:04

Today I saw an interview with Lorna Byrne. She believes she can speak to the Angels. i wondered did anyone else see it or have any of you read the book she has written about her life. i am not sure what to think and im very interested in whatbyou guys think please.

IndigoBarbie Wed 27-Feb-13 23:01:50

That's my point. I have found black feathers. It's not nonsense to me. Anything in the physical world can and is used as a mechanism to send a 'sign' or a message. Not everyone can hear in their mind the thoughts or messages from passed loved ones, therefore - they are creative in their choices, sometimes.

expatinscotland Wed 27-Feb-13 23:07:20

LOL @ seeker.

I agree.

seeker Wed 27-Feb-13 23:12:14

Near where I live there are a lot of naturalised parakeets. If you don't know that, you would think you had got a very special message when a green feather drifted down onto your picnic rug, as it did to me recently!

Pan Wed 27-Feb-13 23:14:56

I thought this was the Philosophy/Religion/Spirituality topic. Not the 'I am sooo bored and impressionable' topic. There must be one for them peoples, shorely??

<a tad harsh, but, still>

EllieArroway Thu 28-Feb-13 04:38:27

Not harsh Pan - try silly and irrelevant. Anyone can discuss religion & spirituality, it's not the private fiefdom of believers hmm

Pan Thu 28-Feb-13 08:27:13

That's a tad harsh, Ellie.grin

Cooroo Thu 07-Mar-13 13:58:18

I must lead a very sheltered life. I had no idea anyone actually believed in angels after the age of 4. Until I saw a section on them on a bookshop this week (next to 'Mythology', which made me wonder why they didn't just lump them together).

How can truth be 'your truth' when it is something as specific as angels existing? People have always believed in the supernatural, it seems to be a built-in thing. Doesn't make it true though.

IndigoBarbie Thu 07-Mar-13 14:34:24

What makes god some people's truth? How can god be true, or real? We each are subjective reality processors as a result of our learned experiences and our own perceptions and summations. It's all relative, truth is a relative concept.

Cooroo Thu 07-Mar-13 19:48:59

Some truths may be relative, though that probably has more to do with the way a proposition is worded. But surely there either is or is not some supernatural being outside of our normal experience? Creator or observer, loving father or impersonal. People may or may not believe, and may believe very sincerely, but they are either right or wrong.

IndigoBarbie Thu 07-Mar-13 21:13:31

And who would be the judge of that then? given that I cannot say you are right for your beliefs, as much as you cannot say I am wrong for mine.

At 4 I don't think I had any concept of what angels were, never mind that they were somehow 'real'.

I perceive angels to be real for me. That's it. I don't attempt to convince anyone, but I don't make stuff up either. If it's about sharing my experience, then yes, I do this. My experience cannot be measured or argued or quantified, nor do I require it to be. It just is what it is for me. I feel this is neither right or wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now