UnlikelyAmazonian's DS is gravely ill

(507 Posts)

Please pray for UA's son,4yo ,who has just been diagnosed with Leukaemia and is on his way to Bristol Children's Hospital this evening.
UA is currently banned from MN after an altercation on Relationships,but she has continued lurking and really misses the support which helped keep her strong for her DS since her very abusive xh disappeared 4 years ago.
She is a very dear friend of mine and her DS is her entire life.She is absolutely devastated and has no family.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ErikNorseman Thu 17-May-12 21:40:24

I have reported the OP to add my support to lifting the ban - maybe others could too? Whatever she might have said or done in the past she is a long standing MNer and she deserves to get support here if she wants it.

FarloRigel Thu 17-May-12 21:43:06

Adding my support for un-banning; as the mother of a child who is currently in remission from leukaemia, I can't imagine how you could say anything bad enough to justify going through this journey without as much support as you can get your hands on.

Rindercella Thu 17-May-12 21:43:25

I am so so sorry to hear this. UA is a remarkable woman and her DS is utterly gorgeous (I remember seeing his photos on here).

Wishing them both every ounce of strength, luck and love that they need to get through this and come through the other side with good health and each other.

Tannhauser Thu 17-May-12 21:43:45

I'm very sorry to hear this. You and your DS are in my thought UA.

Seabright Thu 17-May-12 21:45:03

How about a partial ban? No posting on Relationships and (maybe) AIBU for a set period, to prove "good behaviour"?

She has had such bad luck, thoughts & prayers with her.

oh gosh how utterly terrified she must be right now.

thinking of her and her little DS, and hoping everything turns out ok

CMOTDibbler Thu 17-May-12 21:47:54

So sorry to hear this, I remember UAs original threads too.

MooBaaWoofCheep Thu 17-May-12 21:48:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usualsuspect Thu 17-May-12 21:48:12

Sorry to hear this ,sending my best wishes to UA and her DS

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Thu 17-May-12 21:50:14

Have PM'd

Hope UA gets the support she needs. I've been through this with my DD (she was 3.5) and hope that her DS makes as good a recovery.

I know some of what's ahead of them and will be thinking about her and her DS.

Wishing them both strength.

McKayz Thu 17-May-12 21:52:46

Thinking of UA. I don't remember her threads but I do 'know' her name.

Please MNHQ unban her. She needs MN.

Oh UA, I'm so sorry. I truly hope you're allowed back on here for us to try to support you properly. Sending a kiss to your DS x

Hassled Thu 17-May-12 21:54:45

I'm so sorry - I remember her well and she and her DS will be in my thoughts.

Crazytictac Thu 17-May-12 21:55:05

So very sorry to read this. Sending very best wishes for UA's son and to her too

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 17-May-12 21:56:11

I have reported lulumama's post (as she is never reported) asking for un-banning.

ScrambledSmegs Thu 17-May-12 21:58:40

So sorry to hear this. Sending UA and her son my very best wishes.

I agree un-banning in these circumstances would be appropriate. I hope MNHQ takes the same view.

ICutMyFootOnOccamsRazor Thu 17-May-12 22:00:20

Oh no poor UA, and her poor boy this is so sad - I knew she got banned but never saw the thread in question.

MNHQ please consider unbanning her so we can all give her (((hugs))).

Rindercella Thu 17-May-12 22:03:07

Have PM'd - I reported Seabright's post as I thought it was a good idea.

UA will be able to access all sorts of help and advice from people who have sadly been where she is now. The sort of help that is immeasurable. And then of course just seeing all the well wishers when she feels most alone will help hugely.

Please unban UA MNHQ. Thank you

BonnieBumble Thu 17-May-12 22:04:16

Sending best wishes to them both.

lisad123 Thu 17-May-12 22:05:52

Please tell her we are thinking of her sad

tribpot Thu 17-May-12 22:06:22

This is such unbelievably sad news. Please send all my love and support to UA and her ds.

Cluffyfunt Thu 17-May-12 22:11:34

Sending Huggs to UA and her DS xx

UA,
You were so very kind to me at a time I really needed some kind words and straight talking.
I am so sorry for your troubles my love and am hoping for you and your DS.
thanks

UA, love and strength for your DS and yourself.

MNHQ, please consider unbanning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now