UnlikelyAmazonian's DS is gravely ill

(507 Posts)

Please pray for UA's son,4yo ,who has just been diagnosed with Leukaemia and is on his way to Bristol Children's Hospital this evening.
UA is currently banned from MN after an altercation on Relationships,but she has continued lurking and really misses the support which helped keep her strong for her DS since her very abusive xh disappeared 4 years ago.
She is a very dear friend of mine and her DS is her entire life.She is absolutely devastated and has no family.

Ds doing well. Had Lumbar puncture on Monday. Bit of pain in his back but otherwise ok. His blood counts have been really good.

He's got intravenous chemo on monday - so all good.

He's continued on full oral chemo with no breaks since the week in hospital.

We went to Boscastle to see friends today. He tires and can't possibly keep up with his mates but we have a nice big mclaren disabled buggy. He ran around a lot, threw skimming stones, had cake, etc.

At the lumbar on Monday he was amazing - not a singly sound when they accessed his port or de-accessed it either. First time that's ever happened. Bought him Thumpback (skylander giant) from sainsbos. Thanks if you're still reading.

PioneersAndPirateShips Wed 10-Apr-13 15:17:25

UA glad to hear your DS is doing well, I've been lurking but haven't posted before. I hope chemo goes well on Monday and the trip to the hospital isn't too stressful

thanks Pioneers smile (am up as got to give him his tabs) x

Another lurker here…...great to hear he is doing well.
x

schobe Mon 15-Apr-13 18:19:56

I'm still reading! I regularly have a little check on your thread for updates, don't stop. So great to hear how well he's doing.

tribpot Mon 15-Apr-13 18:25:39

Well done to UA and young Master UA. Glad that he is doing well.

MelodyBaker Sun 21-Apr-13 07:42:41

Glad to hear ds is ok.
You are a lovely lady ua, a wonderful mother. Wishing you strength x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now