UnlikelyAmazonian's DS is gravely ill

(507 Posts)

Please pray for UA's son,4yo ,who has just been diagnosed with Leukaemia and is on his way to Bristol Children's Hospital this evening.
UA is currently banned from MN after an altercation on Relationships,but she has continued lurking and really misses the support which helped keep her strong for her DS since her very abusive xh disappeared 4 years ago.
She is a very dear friend of mine and her DS is her entire life.She is absolutely devastated and has no family.

Thank you so much ,everyone. I have reported my OP to MN and asked them to un-ban her. She was banned for some very straight talking on a thread in Relationships in which she used strong language and cut to the quick. Several posters reported her.
She was very upset by the ban ,it was the second one,for similar reasons.

They are in transit right now,but she has tx'd me that she will be buying a laptop tomorrow so that she can keep in touch on FB.

Those of you who remember her original posts will know that she has had some devastatingly bad luck and is completely unsupported. DS is all she has ,and she keeps going for him. He luck has not improved recently,and now this - out of the blue this evening. They were here with me a fortnight ago. Me and my dc are 3 hours away from them,although Bristol is less than an hour,so I will do everything I can. Just want a magic wand sad((((

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 17-May-12 21:13:40

Please un-ban her if possible. I don't know her or why she is banned but she must be in need of support right now.

Methe Thu 17-May-12 21:15:41

They can un-ban. They unbanned Valhalla several times and they knows she's here now under an alias so obviously aren't that bothered as long as it's not blatant trolling.

Dropdeadfred Thu 17-May-12 21:16:49

Best wishes to her ds

HolofernesesHead Thu 17-May-12 21:17:23

I'll be keeping UA and her ds in my prayers. Hope his recovery is swift and full.

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Thu 17-May-12 21:17:57

I'm sorry to hear that. Sending get well wishes for the little one x

FarloRigel Thu 17-May-12 21:18:20

Have PM'd you.

bumpybecky Thu 17-May-12 21:20:00

I had wondered where she was. So sorry to hear such devastating news sad sending very best wishes to her ds

MNHQ please unban UA

DaenerysTargaryen Thu 17-May-12 21:20:23

I will keep them both in my prayers and thoughts, I can only try to imagine what she's going through and to be alone with no support at such a time is just awful please MNHQ reconsider, she obviously needs the support of MN at this time sad

I'm in Bristol so if there's anything I can do I will

BertieBotts Thu 17-May-12 21:21:59

How awful. I hope that he is okay and makes a full recovery.

akaemmafrost Thu 17-May-12 21:21:59

I remember her very well. So sad to hear this.

Please in-ban her MN. If ever a ban should be lifted this is it.

DameHermione Thu 17-May-12 21:23:40

Thoughts and prayers with ua and her ds

SweetGrapes Thu 17-May-12 21:24:08

Even the olympic cheats don't have lifetime bans. Seems a bit much under the circumstances.

Thinking of UA and her ds and sending positive vibes xxxx

Follyfoot Thu 17-May-12 21:26:25

Very sad news. It would be awful if there was support for her on here and she was unable to access it sad

monstertufts Thu 17-May-12 21:27:54

How absolutely awful. I don't know her, but will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. One of the worst things that could happen to a parent. Children can and do recover from this, and I hope UA's little boy does too. xxxx

edam Thu 17-May-12 21:28:14

Oh I'm so sorry, will send very positive thoughts and prayers to UA and her little boy.

Voidka Thu 17-May-12 21:28:19

I agree to the Unbanning.

Thinking of UA and her DS.

Very sad news. I will add her and her DS to my prayers.

I agree with an unban. After all MN is the type of support she needs right now.

treefumaster Thu 17-May-12 21:30:15

So sorry to hear this. Keeping her and DS in my thoughts. Agree that MN can provide support when there isn't anyone else around so I hope she can come back.

They are both in my thoughts.

C'mon MNHQ lift the ban, She'll have a lot of waiting around to do at the hospital and MN's can offer a lot of support.

SharonGless Thu 17-May-12 21:33:15

Sending thoughts and prayers to UA and her DS

Meglet Thu 17-May-12 21:33:42

oh God sad.

I wondered why I hadn't seen UA around lately. Her DS is gorgeous.

MN please un-ban her.

ledkr Thu 17-May-12 21:34:59

come on mumsnet un ban her she needs us right now
I will pray for her and her ds,i was given a shit prognosis 17 yrs ago and im still going strong xx

Sending my thoughts too, poor UA and little A. Hoping you will hear some better news soon.

ErikNorseman Thu 17-May-12 21:38:17

How devastating sad UA you and your darling boy are in my thoughts xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now