Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

SOUL AFLAME!

(109 Posts)
knightofalbion Mon 14-Nov-11 08:43:29

This thread is for inspirational quotations, poems and short stories. If there is something that has touched your soul, led you to a higher path or given you strength in a time of adversity, then please add it here.
If it has inspired you, the chances are it will inspire others too and to help each other along is the duty of every soul.
Into the light!

All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.

meandjulio Sun 08-Feb-15 10:47:58

'It's best to be honest in life really'
Jane who I used to work with

Hope is never destroyed
A family motto (not my family)

Kaneda Sun 08-Feb-15 10:40:31

Came accross this poem, which I think speaks to a lot of us, especially those who are creative/ spiritual whether religious or not.

"The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this:

A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.

To him…
a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death."

– Pearl Buck

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:18:18

This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:16:48

As I lived up to the highest light I had, higher and higher light came to me
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:15:49

Keep your feet on the ground and your thoughts at lofty heights
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:14:53

The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:13:44

There is something to that old saying that hate injures the hater, not the hated
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Fri 23-Jan-15 17:12:44

In this world, you are given as you give
And you are forgiven as you forgive -
While you go your way
Through each lovely day
You create your future as you live
- Peace Pilgrim

knightofalbion Sun 04-Jan-15 17:35:30

Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end
- Scott Adams
[Profound insight, simply put. Who knows the positive impact, through caring or example, an act of kindness can make in someone's life and where it will lead...]

knightofalbion Sun 04-Jan-15 17:30:18

Never let a day pass without looking for the good, feeling the good within you, praising, appreciating, blessing and being grateful. Make it your life commitment and you will stand in utter awe of what happens in your life
- Rhonda Byrne

knightofalbion Sun 04-Jan-15 17:26:31

If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
- Nikola Tesla

[And add love ...]

knightofalbion Sun 04-Jan-15 17:22:56

We are each made for goodness, love and compassion. Our lives are transformed as much as the world is when we live with these truths
- Desmond Tutu

knightofalbion Sun 04-Jan-15 17:21:08

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together
- Desmond Tutu

knightofalbion Thu 18-Dec-14 14:44:59

No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion.
People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart
- Nelson Mandela

knightofalbion Wed 03-Dec-14 16:15:53

Somewhere within the soul there is silence. Attain unto it, it is a pearl of great price
- Thomas Dowding

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFljoUuzIs4

knightofalbion Wed 03-Dec-14 16:11:14

It's a wonderful world. Open your eyes, open your heart and marvel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=auSo1MyWf8g

knightofalbion Wed 03-Dec-14 16:08:07

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it
- Confucius

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oUFShG9BYA

knightofalbion Thu 20-Nov-14 14:37:45

You did right my boy, wheter the fellow gets a summons or not. Many folks would have ridden by and said 'twas not their business to interfere.
Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it
- Anna Sewell

knightofalbion Thu 20-Nov-14 14:33:18

We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words
- Anna Sewell

bigbluestars Wed 19-Nov-14 17:10:21

“Beware of organizations that proclaim their devotion to the light without embracing, bowing to the dark; for when they idealize half the world they must devalue the rest.”
― Starhawk

knightofalbion Wed 19-Nov-14 14:34:51

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things ...
- Robert Brault

knightofalbion Wed 19-Nov-14 14:33:43

Do not educate your child to be rich. Educate him to be happy, so that when he grows up, he knows the value of things, not the price.
- Unknown

knightofalbion Wed 19-Nov-14 14:31:56

Have compassion for everyone you meet, even if they don't want it. What seems conceit, bad manners or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen.
You do not know what wars are going on where the spirit meets the bone
- Miller Williams

knightofalbion Wed 19-Nov-14 14:29:13

You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
- Kahlil Gibran

knightofalbion Wed 19-Nov-14 14:27:46

There is a candle in your heart, waiting to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
- Rumi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now