If you were a sly little s**t of a cat where would you do a stealth pee?

(7 Posts)

Bottom of curtains?

You have my sympathy and empathy. Our geriatric (21yo) cat has taken to peeing/pooing in bedrooms or wherever she can other than outside - and she is not too traumatised to go outside, as she is quote often out there of her own volition as well as with my toe behind her when I catch her

lljkk Fri 08-Mar-13 17:12:48

How old is he? Many vets will neuter by 4-4.5 months.

Yes he will be neutered when old enough. It had crossed my mind he was spraying but as he toddles off to the tray every time I catch him looking at the corners in a weird way I suspect its behavioural

KateDWales Fri 08-Mar-13 13:06:10

Are you getting him neutered?if he is not neutered hi may be spraying more than peeing, which unfortunately smells a lot stronger and can be on anything anywhere confused

No open boxes I'm afraid. Am running my nose all over the sofas like a weirdo

lljkk Fri 08-Mar-13 07:43:38

Check all open top boxes.
Last time I had this mystery, turned out to be in the Lego box (sigh).

Help me please before I go mad! Background below but generic question is how do i find where my cat has peed? Living room stinks, no obvious wet patches on sofa. have hard wood floors, no plant pots, no access to other rooms except tiled kitchen. Need to find source of the smell. If you were in his shoes paws where would you have a stealthy piss?
Background, youngest non neutered male cat (he has been checked by the vet for health issues and all clear) has taken up peeing anywhere but his litter tray. 3 trays for 2 cats, all clean (as in fully emptied and scrubbed clean twice a week as well as daily/twice daily scooping). Started when a male friend stayed with us, cat pissed on his bed while he was in it. Then the bath mat. Then our bed. All access to bedrooms an bathrooms was revoked. Then he pissed on the sofa in front of my OH. Worth saying occasionally I have seen him looking around the corners suspiciously but if i get up he realises hes been clocked and heads to the litter tray. Anyway now he has, overnight, struck again. How do I find the cause of the smell and stop this happening although I have no hope left

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now