The cat wee'd on the baby gym so now she's got to go...

(28 Posts)
Boggler Sun 20-Jan-13 10:18:19

The cat that is.

Our cat is quite a ice cat generally, gentle no scramming etc. she was a stray that found us 4 years ago and fools that we are we fed her ( roast beef fgs) ! We've paid a fortune in inoculations and kennel fees for a cat that we didn't want and I'm not even a cat person.

She's ruined a few things in the house but I can cope with that until today when she wee'd in the baby gym totally soaking it yuk yuk yuk! So now I want her go and I don't want to dump her with the RSPCA so does anyone know of any organisations that rehome cats. She's inoculated, spayed and wormed and I'm happy to give a golden handshake to whoever will have her. We I've in s Wales so preferably somewhere relatively easy to get to...

Nigglenaggle Sun 10-Feb-13 20:58:48

Iljkk if you only knew the number of cats people had which are ''a stray' and there 'on sufferance' which are microchipped much missed pets, you would have less sympathy. Take on the animal fully or not at all. Dont welcome it until there is a problem and then rush to pass it on to someone else

lljkk Mon 11-Feb-13 07:56:33

You really think that it would be better to ignore all stray cats, no matter how pitiful their condition, rather than try out keeping one without knowing 100% sure that you would keep it under all possible circumstances forever and ever?

OP says she has taken it for jabs so presumably vet has checked it for microchips?

Frettchen Tue 19-Mar-13 18:10:23

Is there any update on this? Did the cat go to a new home or do you still have her?

If you still have her and you really want rid, then please don't just give the cat away for free. There are people out there who will take 'free' animals (not just dogs) to use as bait for working/fighting dogs. Always do a home check when selling an animal, and if you don't feel comfortable taking £25 (or whatever) for an ex-stray, give the money to Cats Protection.

I have a hard time understanding why you'd want to get rid after 4 years, and would echo earlier advice about checking with the vet that it's not medical, and also getting a Feliway plug in in case it's a psychological thing. But it's up to you, if you've decided to get rid of your cat, please do so carefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now