elderly cat died in her sleep am i guilty?

(6 Posts)
WhizziesMum Sun 14-Oct-12 07:56:54

No, you are not to blame at all, cats are very good at keeping themselves warm if they need to. I once accidentally locked my cat out all night in the snow, was terrified in the morning, thought I had killed her! But she came back no worse for wear. It sounds as though it was just your cat's time to go.

weegiemum Sun 14-Oct-12 07:56:50

If any old lady - cat, human, whatever, dies curled up in her sleep, it's the kind of end I'd want for myself! If she was curled up asleep she was happy and content. I'm glad you could offer dorothea a loving home <ex cat owner>

TwllBach Sun 14-Oct-12 07:52:31

I would be oddly happy if my cat was to die in her sleep. It would mean tht she had died feeling happy, safe and content. You were obviously doing a good job - don't feel guilty <un MN hugs>

If she was that cold she probably would have tried to find somewhere warmer to sleep surely?

Was she locked in the living room?

My cat used to go walkabout for nights at a time so was probably sleeping outside. More so in summer though.

And if she was elderly and not showing signs of any illness then it sounds like quite a nice way to go really.

FangsGoForTheMaidensThroat Sun 14-Oct-12 07:48:02

No i'm sure not, they have thick cosy fur..sounds like she had a lovely life and it just came to a natural pain free end smile

farmerinthedells Sun 14-Oct-12 07:44:40

Dorothea is my grand daughters cat. Sweet cat came to live with me in the country. She was absolutely blossoming and seemed to have new life in her. Then one morning I found her dead, curled up on a chair in the living room. I feel guilty because the temperature had dripped that night and the livingroom gets coldest. I just wonder if the cold contributed to her death. That's the part that makes me so sad. I don't want to think she needed help to be warm and that I was not there for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now