AIBU to ask you to sign this petition (re. animal cruelty)

(21 Posts)
Memunchiesanomanomnom Tue 03-May-16 16:55:12

be a voice for Baby?

Please sign and share. Thank you.

www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-reconsider-andrew-and-daniel-frankish-s-prison-sentences-for-animal-cruelty-charges

[Warning from MNHQ - the link posted includes a separate link to a video which contains graphic and distressing footage of animal cruelty]

RaeSkywalker Wed 04-May-16 09:47:41

I wasn't aware of this. It's disgraceful. Poor dog sad

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 04-May-16 10:12:22

Horrific story, made me cry. Such behaviour needs to be made an example of.

OrraBoralis Wed 04-May-16 11:25:54

Signed. I am astonished at the 'non' sentence and the Judge/Magistrate should have some explaining to do.

Don't watch the video, it is sickening beyond belief, I could only watch a short bit and I am still shaking. Poor Baby

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 04-May-16 11:30:05

I second that. DON'T watch the video. So distressing.

ArmySal Wed 04-May-16 11:31:25

Does the link open the video immediately? Can't watch that sad

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 04-May-16 11:34:52

No Sal, I managed to scroll down and avoid it on the link above, though I had seen some of it before in a previous news article.

Reading about it is bad enough.

ChaostheCat Wed 04-May-16 12:08:50

Avoided video but signed petition.

ArmySal Wed 04-May-16 12:09:30

Thanks Paranoid.

Ivegotyourgoat Wed 04-May-16 12:19:04

Signed.

Utter bastards.

Ivegotyourgoat Wed 04-May-16 12:21:15

Can the sentence actually be reconsidered now it's been passed?

Pheobe1 Wed 04-May-16 12:22:30

Signed.

Memunchiesanomanomnom Wed 04-May-16 12:29:52

OP here, sorry I should have said you can avoid watching the video. I haven't and couldn't bear to watch it either as I would find it too distressing. Reading the article and seeing the smug faces of those monsters who terrorised that poor puppy was bad enough, and made my blood boil. As hard as it may be, I would really like to urge you to read this, sign the petition and forward it to as many people as you can. As you will see, a lot more signatures are still needed.

If a dog bites a human being it gets put to sleep. If two brutal thugs deliberately abuse a puppy, a living being with feelings, and film it, they get a 2 year suspended sentence of 21 weeks. This is not acceptable and people need to speak up for something to change. The poor pup probably spent all of its short life being tortured by those two despicable human beings. We probably don't know the full extent of the pups suffering.

Remember their faces, remember their names (although names can be changed by deed pole) I have no doubt these vile people will probably go on to hurt other living beings, animals and/or humans.

Please sign and share and be a voice for Baby.

Thank you for reading.

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 04-May-16 15:02:51

bump

RosieSW Wed 04-May-16 16:40:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ijustwanttobeme Wed 04-May-16 16:56:20

Signed

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 04-May-16 17:00:15

We're just going to move this to Petitions.

Catinthecorner Sun 08-May-16 01:49:54

I can't watch. I occasionally have to hold cornerdog's muzzle to stop him nipping and I feel awful doing that. Let's hope some hard bastard with a love of dogs notices these 'gentlemen' during their suspended sentence.

CatsRule Sun 08-May-16 08:58:33

I have actively avoided watching this, saw it a lot on facebook and I know it's beyond awful but I just can't watch it. I have signed the petition though.

Buggers Sun 08-May-16 09:01:58

Signed. How disgusting, my mum has a bulldog and their such a lovely chilled out breed sad

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 03-Jun-16 00:17:36

Bumped and signed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now