Petition to No. 10: Help stop harrassment from unsolicited advertising

(2 Posts)
Carpie Thu 21-Feb-13 01:23:56

If you want to change the law in order to stop unsolicited sales calls and faxes to your home, and junk advertising being posted through your door please sign the attached online petition generated and approved through the No.10 Downing Street website.

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46153.

I started this petition when I was threatened by a company that had been faxing my landline number at home for months. I managed to find their company number by putting the fax number into a google search, and it appeared that many families had been pestered in the same way. I called the company, when I asked to speak to someone about their marketing strategy, they told me that if I persisted in calling them, they would bill me for their time and send bailiffs to my home. I don't understand why the onus is on a family to opt out of this kind of advertising, I think the law should change so that companies should not be able to telephone, fax or post advertsing material into domestic properties without permission.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Feb-13 22:43:21

Hi there - just to let you know, we've moved this to our Petitions Noticeboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now