What to do with 6 x 5/6 yr old girls for DD's birthday party?

(7 Posts)
SenoritaViva Fri 19-Apr-13 10:35:15

I've thought about bowling as I'm not sure May is going to be lovely weather. I want to keep the costs quite low, so thought of taking our own picnic lunch. But, what else could I do?!

ArtexMonkey Fri 19-Apr-13 10:39:36

In the house or out? Do you have a garden? B&m bargains always have shitloads of cheap craft make your own jewellery/sock puppet/cuddly toy things, that would maybe be a nice thing to all do together if they're that way inclined, put some tunes on, eat some pizza, sorted.

SenoritaViva Fri 19-Apr-13 10:53:22

Sorry, I wasn't at all clear! I'm hoping to avoid the house and garden this year. I'd be keener on a park if the weather is nice, but then what to do with them once there?

Fuckwittery Fri 19-Apr-13 11:06:52

If its nice weather lots of possibilities!

Egg and spoon race, sack race, three legged race? Medals Treasure hunt in a quiet corner of a park? Fairy hunt and fairy picnic in a wood? Hide some fairy clues in tiny writing and mini things the fairies have dropped, have a picnic tea with mini food items set out for the fairies that you can leave there?

Not sure how to keep costs down if raining, you could still do treasure or fairy hunt in weliies and raincoats, and then have a back up cafe or tea room to take them too afterwards?

SenoritaViva Fri 19-Apr-13 11:19:56

I like the fairy idea and we live in a rural area so very easy to find a wooded area although the park has some good climbing spots. I suppose I could get some fairy type boxes for them to decorate...

SenoritaViva Fri 19-Apr-13 11:21:23

Or I could theme it Mishima monsters but same idea. Personally I'd rather have fairies but they're all so into those pointless monsters...

SenoritaViva Fri 19-Apr-13 11:22:28

Stupid phone! Moshi monsters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now