Please help me knock this kids party menu together ...........

(7 Posts)

well it was a disco party so I made party bags out of that hologram type sparkly fabric with purple ribbon. Then the bag is part of the gift IYKWIM.

I have a sewing machine and they are very basic so I can knock them up (25!) in a couple of hours in one night.

We had bunting and tablecloths made of the same fabric - so it looked great.

had usual crap in party bags - bouncy glitter ball, sweets, glow stick etc.

The glow sticks were a hit and the craft table almost took over the party the kids loved it so much. We did this craft project

last year I made party bags from some funky bright IKEA fabric. Mums are telling me they are still around. I use left over ones to put lunches in for DD2.

givemeaclue Fri 23-Nov-12 11:54:25

Tell about the great party bags I love ideas

thank you - good to know I'm not as muddled as I feel (sleep deprived)!!
the adults tend to eat what the kiddies don't.

dame i'd never be that organised smile

Now just shopping to do, disco cake to make and decorate etc etc

DameEnidsOrange Fri 16-Nov-12 12:47:12

IME not much does get eaten other than crisps and cakes.

At the last party DD went to the parent had plated up in advance, so minimal waste

dabdab Fri 16-Nov-12 12:44:31

Sounds fine to me.

CurlsRUs Fri 16-Nov-12 12:41:29

Sounds perfect to me. My kids would be in party heaven. And the parents can nibble at the hummus. Best not to overcomplicate things, in my opinion!

I've had 3 failed shopping trips to date this week, a trip to A&E with DD last night (she's fine), DP and I have fallen out, DD2 is waking at 4am most mornings & work has been frantic. I'm exhausted, not my usual together organised self.

All of which has led me to be in a muddle re party food for tomorrows party - DD 5th birthday, disco in small hall. 20 children plus parents.

I'm thinking of below - I like to have enough for parents, fear there is too much wheat, the kids will only eat the crisps & cake anyway wont they?

Party Cake - I'm making a disco ball party cake tonight!

Cupcakes - neon bright icing with silver balls (disco theme).
Hummus & cucumber
Crisps/Hula Hoops
Cocktail sausages & tomato sauce
Grapes
Sandwiches - ham & egg (separate) (won't get eaten)
Donuts (DD's request)

Drinks - juice & water. Or shall I just get small bottles of water?
Ice cream soda for when we sit down at the table (made with Oringina and ice cream)

Too much - too little? I have seriously lost all ability to judge.

(on the plus side I do have fantastic party bags sorted - whew!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now