How can I entertain a small group of 9 and 10 year old girls for Dd's 10th birthday

(6 Posts)
Pernickety Thu 08-Nov-12 20:12:54

Thanks, I like both of those ideas. They're all such lovely girls that they will be easy to please. I'd just like to offer something a bit out of the ordinary.

Roseformeplease Thu 08-Nov-12 19:55:13

Pen and paper games like consequences, pictionary or hangman. Have a kind of "Olympics" with lots of different games, challenges, puzzles and then a leader board and award medals. You could then have karaoke but as part of what they do.

Btw - she'll be 10...

My DD's bday is in Dec and we've ordered some Troll/Pandora bead style sets from Amazon - £20 approx for 5 sets of everything you need to make bracelets.

I'm going to let them do this for a bit followed by food and then home with their bracelets - no need for party bags!

Pernickety Thu 08-Nov-12 19:33:08

DD is going to have 6 friends over after school for her birthday. I'll bring them all back after school and they can stay until about 8. I know they'd be happy running around madly for 4 hours but I'd like to make the occasion seem a bit more special and entertaining than just back to ours for tea. They're at a sleepover and DVD party the weekend before so i'd like to make it different.

So far my brain is ticking over and coming up with these types of ideas: they could make ice cream sundaes, make something crafty, Pottery, Silly games of the type they do at Brownies/Guides, karaoke (although DD1 says only one of the girls will like that) Something like Build a Bear but for 9/10 year olds?

Do you have any suggestions or have you done any of the above mentioned and would it work with this age group?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now