Shirley's party advice part 4 - Better at party planning than Pippa Middleton

(1000 Posts)
BlatherskiteOfTheLivingDead Mon 29-Oct-12 18:33:35

New thread smile Everyone welcome.

Oh christ im scared of spiders massively too. And closed spaces and flying but i think flying comes from being closed in. And heights. I went up the empire state once, i shat myself being in the lift for aaages nevermind when i stepped out the top. I'm a proper wuss. And i dont do rollercoasters either.

LOL at the list of phobias (sorry DW). I am with you on the closed spaces though - I can panic if I wake up with the duvet over my head blush

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 16:38:29

I love rollercoasters! Before DH and I were married, we went to Vegas and went on "The High Roller" which is the rollercoaster on the top of the Stratosphere Tower. All it would need is a patterned carpet and a spider and you'd have had a breakdown wink

I've been on the sky bridge on the Petronas Towers too.

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 17:08:44

Love this idea for Easter lunch here

I love rollercoasters too - although I am a fairly recent convert. DH forced/blackmailed me into going on Nemesis at Alton Towers when we were first going out. We went to Vegas too but that rollercoaster on the stratosphere was closed - because it was raining shock.

DD loves them too - DS less so (scared of heights)

That easter egg lunch would be great for a last day of term packed lunch.

Easter Sunday itself is a full on occasion in this household - like DW said - like Christmas without the expectations and limitations of tradition.

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 17:26:09

The High Roller was open when we went but the other one - the bungy one that shoots you up off the top of the tower - was closed because of the wind. It was really tame to be honest and would have been a mega disappointment had it not been 227 meters up in the air and over the side of the tower.

I paid extra to go to Alton Towers as a student so I could get queue jump passes for the Oblivion when it opened. I went on it about a dozen times that day!

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 17:28:23

I was thinking about doing it for packed lunch too. Can't decide whether DS's class mates would be in awe or take the mickey.

in awe, definitely - I would be grin

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 18:42:58

Oh good - cause I've just ordered 12 plastic eggs from the Yellow Moon shop on Ebay grin

so if you have 12, then DD can have a matching lunch (as I am sure she will demand)

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 19:19:09

Of course! grin

Just got to get some egg boxed now. I might buy some Happy Eggs just for the Yellow boxes

Lol at the egg lunch. Can you imagine me doing that for dd?! What on earth would i put in it!! Ham.

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 20:57:49

I am slightly worried about getting enough in to fill DS. Maybe I'll put in some sandwiches and then fill the eggs.

He doesn't do cheese but I'm thinking I could fill them with mini cocktail sausages, carrot and cucumber sticks, grapes, raisins, blueberries, mini crackers? maybe some little chocolate eggs as it's easter? Not allowed usually but they might let it slide for this one.

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 20:59:23

This is definitely not one for knickers DW grin

You could use any old egg box and print a funky label for it.

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 21:22:33

funky label on a bright yellow box would be nicer though

True, but possibly not worth annoying the BlathersGrinch over grin

Blatherskite Wed 27-Feb-13 21:33:31

Ah, it's food shopping. I can hide it in the grocery shop wink

Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 09:21:23

Ooh, look at this cake Fab extra use for your cake pop maker here Stealth...

I saw that on pinterest but thought it werent spotty enough!
I wanna make a leopard print one for a friend. I got the cake pop maker for xmas but i still have a gripe that a proper pop should be cake and frosting not a ball of sponge.

I can't stand the crumb and butter cream cake pops. I do fancy trying one of those spotty cakes though - might try it for mothers' day, maybe.

Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 12:14:03

I really don't fancy the sound of the crumb and buttercream cake pops. Sounds too sickly. Tempted to put a cake pop maker on my birthday list so I can have a go at this cake though

The only thing which makes me even consider the crumb-and-buttercream variant is that you can make them different shapes - I have seen some really cute ones. Icing-refuser DS has firmly vetoed those, though sad

Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 12:51:50

It's the Delia webchat in 9 minutes Stealth...

New thread here

This thread is not accepting new messages.