Please talk me through 2nd birthday party - majorly overthinking this!!!

(4 Posts)
ArrierePensee Sun 21-Oct-12 21:22:55

Managing to get myself in a spin about this, which I know is crazy, so just need you all to help clear my head!

DD is having a 2nd birthday party, about 8 friends. Have a small room booked in local church and have her favourite music class teacher coming to do 1 hour of entertainment.

So far, so good. But what time would you have it? DD and her friends all nap after lunch so thinking 2.30 or 2.45 is a good start time? Then an hour of entertainment, followed by.....

Food? Would it be weird to serve up a light party tea at 3.45 or 4ish? Is this too early? Thinking just a few sarnies, pizza slices, veggie sticks, fruit etc followed by cake. Is it better to push it back a bit so it coincides with 'normal' tea times (not sure what these are - DD eats with us at 6pm!)

Please go easy on me, I know it's not a big deal but have overthought it so much that I can't see the wood for the trees and just need to get these timings straight so I can get on and send out invites!!!!!

After nap, or in the morning - either would work.

2yos will eat practically nothing at parties anyway, IME, so it doesn't make much odds whether it is a normal mealtime or not.

Mine all eat tea at 5 as do most of their friends but party food is a whole other ball game!

If you say 3-5 and serve food at 4 ish then do pass the parcel then cake that will be fine.

People can always give their kids a snack before bed if they want can't they?

Good luck

mogandme Sun 21-Oct-12 21:45:52

Agree morning 9-11 or 3-5 is prob best; But I would chose 2.45 rather than 2.30 allows grumpy wakers to at least cheer up slightly before the party.

Most littlies have tea between 5-6 so a party snack about 3.30 could work - hungry children could have more later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now