Children's Party Entertainers

(8 Posts)
BeeBunny Mon 28-Oct-13 15:32:12

Hi Parents, looking for some entertainment coming up to Christmas. Why not check out this entertainer and also his comments on www.bbunnymagic.com
I am sure you will have a wonderful party with this entertainer, and he is also fully insured CRB member of the magic circle and ex cruise ship entertainer. Best wishes Giovanna

Ode2Joy Tue 28-Feb-12 00:06:18

Yeah Fairy Liquid of JingJangJooJong is great, but I'm biased - cos it's me tee hee! If anyone is thinking of becoming an entertainer, I'm hiring (sort of) : D Check out my website x

Zezinha Sun 12-Feb-12 18:10:19

Hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a magician party entertainer in north London (for a 9 year old girl)? Thanks very much

Sarahinthegreen Sat 21-Jan-12 12:22:23

Hi,
I'm also thinking of setting up as a children's entertainer with my brother, I hope I live far enough away so as to not create any competition. I've done quite a bit of research on what people offer and what they charge for how long. I also know a professional clown tee hee. He does balloon twisting, a clown act and somehow remembers all the children's names and makes a song out of them at the end of the show. He charges about £180 for a couple of hours and apparently the children love the the act.

Having done a few parties for friends and family, where I have been face painting (to paint an entire face will take about 10 minutes, less for motifs) I have been busy for the entire party. Luckily my brother does balloon twisting so this supplies an endless amount of toys. It's something we have been thinking about-the time factor of actually entertaining the children, that will need some consideration.

Best of luck with your business smile

emma5121 Mon 16-Jan-12 14:44:52

Has anyone used JingJangJooJong party entertainers from Dewsbury?
If so are they any good?

Thank you

3duracellbunnies Sat 07-Jan-12 07:50:43

For face painting you need to think about how long it will take you to paint each face and what the other children will do while they wait. I have seen face painting done well at parties, but usually when there is a team of people, so is done in a corner while others occupy the rest. Say if you had 20 children and only spent 2 min per child that would be 40 mins of a 2hr party.

For little children active games with some equipment work well, 4 plus a magician is good, but you need to consider that if there is little competition and you are good then one parent will book you, their friends will then want you, but before you know you will be performing to the same children each month. Ideally you need to be able to offer variations on a theme. The first time we saw x the magician it was great, the next time it was good, but by the time they had been to 4 parties the children were bored as they knew the routine.

We do our own parties but each year it is a variation on a theme- what's the time mr wolf (farm), what's the time mr t-rex, what's the time mr goblin etc. We know they are the same game, but they don't mind. I think the party game format probably works best at 5/6yr old parties, from 7 onwards parties tend to get smaller or are discos, swimming etc.

LynetteScavo Fri 06-Jan-12 21:08:15

I once had a lovely lady for DDs first birthday who came dressed as a lady bird, did some brilliant face painting, brought a mega bubble machine and gave everyone a balloon flower/sword to take home. She wasn't too expensive, we also had a bouncy castle for the older children, and it was a brilliant party.

I have also had a fire eating jester (I'm sure if you practiced a bit wink) who kept a class full of children entertained for 2 hours with plate spinning, juggling, ect. He was pricey, but worth it.

The worst entertainer had a wild eyed, motionless rabbit. In a very small box. Into which he stuck knives (being a grown up I managed to figure out the rabbit must be contained in only half the box). MIL was asked to keep my DC away from the rabbit in case it attacked. Now, I knew this entertainer had a rabbit, and I also knew he was going on to another party afterwards. The reason I agreed to the rabbit being involved in DSs party was that I didn't like the thought of it being cooped up alone in the car, and for some innocent reason thought it would be better off joining the party. confused hmm

What I really hate a children's parties is too loud music, big bangs and encouraged screaming of "we want our food, we want our food!".

I've been to some brilliant parties where a lady dressed as a fairy (fabulous costume) and entertained DC with a few games etc. Maybe you need to adopt a persona - Arty Farty Smarty has already been done, as has Uncle Booby Zoobie, so maybe "Fairy Tangled" or something. You could get yourself a great big wig. grin

As a parent if I am hosting I don't want to do the entertaining. I want to be able to talk to the arriving/collecting parents, make sure all the DC are happy, and hand out party bags. I would love an entertainer to provide food as well. No one around here does, so I actually have to do my own cheese spread sandwhiches and grapes <<sigh>> although I have resorted to Sainsbury's/M&S sandwich platters in the past.

Tell parents up front your fees, what you provide, ect. Have a web site and advertise locally.

tangledupmum Fri 06-Jan-12 20:46:47

Hello All,

Where I live there are very few party entertainers and I have been thinking of starting up as one. I initially thought face painting, balloon modelling, tattoos, and maybe the big pararchute was a good place to start and if it takes off start to offer more tailored parties including crafty parties and discos. If anyone has used an entertainer before would you mind letting me know what worked well and what didn't just so I can get a feel if it is going to be viable to do as a business.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now