Using Angelcare monitor without sensor mat

(8 Posts)
Jellybellyrbest Mon 20-May-13 22:02:16

Can it be done? So that it can be used as just a monitor...Can't find my box with instructions. Pretty sure it can, but no idea how to go about it. My 13MO is regularly rolling off the mat & despite changing the sensitivity the alarm's going off lots. TYIA

catsdogsandbabies Tue 21-May-13 03:12:37

Simple - just unplug the mat!

AmandaCooper Tue 21-May-13 03:46:05

Yes it can be done - but it's a PITA to do - the alarm goes off if you simply inplug the mat. On the odd occasion we've adjusted it we've had to pull the manual out and look up how; mostly we resort to listening in through one of our mobile phones! <glares at Angelcare monitor>

rcs19 Tue 21-May-13 07:11:43

Turn the baby and parent units on. Press menu, then use the down arrow until only the face icon is flashing (sound only). Press select then the power button.

I've only ever used the monitor tbh.

DS 7.weeks and my brother bought it from a friend and bless him, he was excited at the mat and I just thought oh eck! I'm not one for gadgets, my house is tiny and the sensor mat would have me neurotic I'm sure, where I to use it.

So, yes you can use it as a sound monitor only - go to menu and click until the face/speech icon flashes then press the down arrow, you can select movement and sound or just sound.

xpost with rcs

AmandaCooper Wed 22-May-13 11:21:49

I'm going to screenshot this page for next time I'm tearing my hair out trying to work the damn thing!

Jellybellyrbest Wed 22-May-13 23:49:10

Thank you all! Forgot tonight so will try tomorrow night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now