moving house with a 12mo old

(8 Posts)
lola88 Tue 26-Feb-13 22:06:24

Oh no now you all have my hopes up for better sleep! i will be devestated if he sleeps worse.

The flat we have is the exact same layout at my sisters flat so i'm hoping between all our things and a familiar lay out he won't notice.

We moved when DD was 11 months. I worried about it too, but she really didn't seem to notice we were somewhere new, because her cot was the same & all her toys were still there.

FascinatingNewThing Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:42

Moving house when ds was 11 months was totally painless. He didn't seem to really notice tbh. My parents looked after him while we did the actual move, we made.sure his room was ready as a priority and he slept like a dream from day 1. Better than he had in the old house in fact! Good luck smile

PoppyWearer Tue 26-Feb-13 19:53:15

We moved house when DC1 was about 11mo and honestly, she didn't seem to bat an eyelid. In fact she slept much better in the new house!

Good luck!

lola88 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:43:06

thanks hopefully he won't notice

Purplecatti Tue 26-Feb-13 19:08:20

Don't give him clean bedding? If his bed smells familiar it might help

MsDeerheart Mon 25-Feb-13 20:38:07

make sure his room is make up as similar as possible as in your old house and ideally do this the day your move -keep routines as similar as possible

lola88 Mon 25-Feb-13 19:48:49

how do i make it as easy on DS as possible? He has only just started to sleep well (gets up once a night) so i'm desperate not to ruin his sleep pattern. Any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now