Best toy/s you bought your 6-12mth old?

(31 Posts)
scratchandsniff Tue 19-Feb-13 17:17:20

Just been looking on Amazon at toys for my baby, but so many on there I can't decide on anything. Also I don't want to waste my money on anything crappy. Please tell me about toys/games you bought your baby and would highly recommend or couldn't do without? (already have a few of the lamaze toys)

TIA

BeCool Wed 20-Feb-13 23:16:03

The Tomy Eggs are amazing. DC will be playing with them for years and years. I buy them for everyone. Great price too!

Xmasbaby11 Wed 20-Feb-13 23:24:55

jumperoo then baby walker!

leonardofquirm Thu 21-Feb-13 16:07:29

This rattly ball thing :

www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Love-Spin-Ball-Multi-Coloured/dp/B000H6CAJ6/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1361462646&sr=1-3

tomy eggs

Leapfrog 'learn and groove table' is currently being loved by 10mo Dc2.

empty wee plastic bottles filled with different beans/rice/couscous also v popular. smile

Peevish Thu 21-Feb-13 20:21:14

We got our baby (now 10 months) a Wheelybug for Christmas, thinking he wouldn't really use it for months to come, but he's adored it from day one, and whizzes about at alarming speeds.

He also adores noisy books, especially the noisy version of 'Dear Zoo' and a deafening version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm with animal noises. Also basic shape sorters and stacking cups.

MillyStar Fri 22-Feb-13 19:51:21

Thanks for starting this thread I've just ordered my 10mo dd the eggs :-)

SavoirFaire Fri 22-Feb-13 20:52:16

Oh yeah, the eggs. My DS still LOVES them and he is 4! Whoozit good and will also last.

You also can't go wrong with a phone. ALL 1 year olds LOVE phones. And if you're going to buy a phone, you might as well buy this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now