Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

lizandlulu Mon 11-Feb-13 17:05:15

Already???? Wow me must talk some shit!!L smile

How have you all been today?
Loving with iwish?? I have had that Monday feeling today. I don't usually take no notice of Monday blues and all that, but today has been rubbish for no particular reason!

lizandlulu Mon 11-Feb-13 17:05:33

I ment loving work iwish!!

KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:46:01

Well, it has been almost a year! I think we did well!

Sorry you're feeling crap today. I'm not feeling too bad since I had a better sleep, but could do with Euan not waking tonight.
His new bed is coming tomorrow eek. May have to strap the cot sides to it though lol!

Had quite an easy afternoon as friend came and her daughter loved playing with Euan and vice versa, so all were happy! Gave us a few hours off! Was great to see her smile

Iwish Mon 11-Feb-13 20:43:57

Oh yeh loving work lol. Sorry you have had a rubbish day liz did your match sticks hold?

Glad you had a good day klou. Best days are those with friends.

I'm hopefully going to be asleep early tonight, just feel knackered. Might go to that play centre again tomorrow if I can be bothered so Joshua can have a proper play because it was so busy yesterday.

lizandlulu Tue 12-Feb-13 17:20:05

No my matchsticks didn't hold!!! I must have looked a Right Mardy cow cause a couple of people asked if I was ok ad what was wrong!!

Let's hope we all get bit more sleep this week!

Lulu was in my bed at half 4 this morning. Last night she decided to sleep under her bed, strange child, and woke at half 4 and couldn't find her teddy, so she ame crying to me, then she got tooth ache, then belly ache, then she wanted to get up so I sent her to her own room to watch telly at 6. Bloody kids, if it's not one it's the other. Billet slept all night from 6.30 to 7

I must start thinking about packing! I'm usually sorted by now, or st least have my stuff out on the spare bed ready to pack. I have just been too busy

lizandlulu Wed 13-Feb-13 08:10:14

And another crap night!! Lulu again, having bad dreams and crying in her sleep. So brought her into my bed, Chris was still out shooting so he got relegated to the spare bed yet again, where she took up more room than ten octopuses, and fell out!
I so do need a full night sleep

KLou111 Wed 13-Feb-13 15:09:34

Omg we had 4.30am too!! Bloody kids sort yourselves out!!
Managed to get Euan to sleep yesterday, but woke after 40 mins so I knew he'd wake early this morning, but not that early!!!

He's at my mum and dads today as we're over in coventry, and she just text me 20 mins ago saying he'd been asleep for an hour and should she wake him so I said no!!! Give him up to 2, then won't be so overtired tonight.
Didn't get his bed, driver had a blow out so it's coming sat sad

Our hol stuff has been on the spare bed for 2 weeks lol!! All done here, just going to m&s on way home to order him some new trousers for hol, then think that's it bar a box of milk. Can't wait, so drilling cold here bloody snow!!!!!

KLou111 Wed 13-Feb-13 15:10:10

*frikkin not drilling ffs!!!

KLou111 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:21:59

Well turns out Euan had 1.5 hrs nap, so here's hoping (again).
Also, I have read that magnesium helps them sleep. There is a supplement but I'm not too keen on that, however I've read that it's in bananas (which he won't eat) and honey (which he will). So, tonight for dessert he had a whole mashed banana with a spoon of honey mixed in with some milk, and he ate it hurrah!
Another night of fingers crossed!

Iwish Wed 13-Feb-13 19:48:05

Oh you poor pair! Bet you are both knackered.

Bloody OH kept me awake last night coughing so am knackered again. And since he's got man flu I've done everything on my own so could do with sleep right now.

Would love Joshua to have a lie in tomorrow.

KLou111 Thu 14-Feb-13 09:02:37

5.15 arrrrrrgh!!!

Iwish Thu 14-Feb-13 10:47:13

Stupid oh kept me awake again then Joshua woke at 6:00, 6:20 and then up for the day at 7:00.
I'm tired from oh waking me at 3:00 and keeping me awake. Need to do something with the day but cba.

Booo 5:15 klou. Why do you think he's doing it?

KLou111 Thu 14-Feb-13 10:52:36

Not sure. I've been reading about 18 month sleep regression, maybe that. Hoping holiday sorts him out as he'll be sleeping in the same room. Bloody knackered though!

Sounds like we're all having shite nights!

lizandlulu Thu 14-Feb-13 12:28:17

Mine was good last night, sorry.

KLou111 Thu 14-Feb-13 13:05:46

Pffffft liz!

Iwish Thu 14-Feb-13 17:18:16

Hope it's just a v short phase klou nothing worse than crap sleep, we've had it for ages lol.

Bloody man flu has well and truly hit this house. Oh been in bed wed and today and will prob be tomorrow too. Luckily I will be at work lol. Joshua has started getting mardy and has slept for almost 3 hours today which in unheard of and usually means he's getting poorly. Great stuff sad

How has both your days been?

KLou111 Thu 14-Feb-13 17:30:17

Oh no! Bloody man flu ugh!! Hope your Dh doesn't have you running around too much!

Took Euey to the park earlier, then he came home and fell asleep around 1 for 1 hour 20, then I did his lunch, but gave him what he'd normally have for tea, chicken and veg pie with new pots (homemade inc pastry, get me!!), he's having a cheese omelette now.
I read sometimes they can get belly ache if they have their main meal at the end of the day rather than lunch as they haven't got time to burn it off. He's been eating his main at tea time since about 9 months so cant see that being the issue, but I'll try anything!!!!h

Do yous do Valentine? we don't bother with it tbh. Having a curry and a bottle if prosecco tonight though smile

lizandlulu Thu 14-Feb-13 17:46:24

I got him a card, but that's it. Apparently we know we love each other so no need to buy anything. Meanie.

I took Luke to the dentist yesterday, she woke up with a swollen face. Doesn't Hirt tho, so I don't know if it's an abcess or not. the dentist never said, just that the medicine will take the swelling down. She's got to have some back teeth out sad sad sad
Not sure when, got to take her back at end of feb for a referral to the hospital to get them took out. I feel awful.

lizandlulu Thu 14-Feb-13 17:48:05

Oh and it's some game getting her to have her medicine, 2 spoons. Three times a day.

She's so scared of it, she gets the shakes and baulks and screams pleading not to have to have it. She's never Ill so never had medicine before. Violet just looks at her with her mouth open as if to say, if she don't want it I do.

Iwish Thu 14-Feb-13 20:19:23

We do cards normally klou but OH bloody forgot sad. Enjoy your curry and prosecco smile
Hope Euan sleeps better tonight. do you think he could be cold? I've put socks on Joshua a few times recently at night.

Aww poor lulu liz hope she feels better soon.

I had a little kip when Joshua slept earlier. Hope I actually sleep tonight!

KLou111 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:54:39

You old romantics you!

Poor Lulu liz! Hope she's ok in herself. Know how she feels with the medicine, I was like that when I bought that foul covonia stuff, I was actually shaking!

Funny you say about the cold iwish, I don't think he is as I have had the heater on on some nights, I bought him a onsie instead of using his sleeping bag, with a long sleeve vest, pjs and socks under, but still wakes. So tonight I've binned the socks, still got the rest on including the onsie, and put him back in his sleeping bag, so we'll see.

If nothing works I'm thinking about buying a Gro clock
Looks good, and worth spending the money if it works, but still worth it if it doesn't, we're knackered!

lizandlulu Thu 14-Feb-13 21:01:47

Wow that first review is good!!! Yes it looks like a good idea. Ha a clever boy, he should get the gist of what he's ment to do.

Have you had a nice evening?

Chris has had a different pick up and it's just come back from the garage, so he's gone out playing in that. Who said romance is dead?

KLou111 Fri 15-Feb-13 07:23:55

Never thought I'd say this but 6.15 woohoo! Lol!
Could do with at least 7 though......not to sound ungrateful!!

KLou111 Fri 15-Feb-13 09:41:05

Have ordered the gro clock, will be here Monday, going to take it on holiday seeing as we're all in the same room, then can show Euan how it works. Don't actually feel too bad today though.

Meeting a friend at soft play at the local brewers fayre this morning about 10.30 which will be nice.
Steak night tonight as we're at some friends tomorrow night for dinner down the road. They literally live next door but 1 from my mum and dad so be nice to have a lie in sunday in our bed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now