My son was bit by another toddler, what would you have done?

(16 Posts)
cory Sat 26-Jan-13 18:28:35

Accepted apology, cuddled and possibly taken home. Is there anything else you could do?

I would have accepted the apology snd comforted my son. What else do you think you should do?

Probably the same as you did, might have put some arnica on the site to stop the bruise. Most children who bite only do it for a few months, best to ignore the biter and cuddle the bitee. Different if they are older and its a more persistant problem.

Allice Sat 26-Jan-13 08:34:08

Not really sure what you could have done really, the other mum apologised.

It's really horrible for all involved, my son was bitten in a soft play last year when he was 4, it was really nasty but he said he didn't know who did it, turns out he did but was worried mummy would have been bitten.

Had I known who did it I would have told the parent but not expected anything other than an apology.

Lostonthemoors Sat 26-Jan-13 08:29:36

Pressed send too soon blush

Was typing that I hope your son's hand is ok.

Lostonthemoors Sat 26-Jan-13 08:28:46

Cuddled my DS reassuringly and accepted apology from stranger mum.

I bet she felt awful.

Hope

RubyrooUK Sat 26-Jan-13 08:12:38

Oh and I agree it's worse to have a biter. My niece bit other kids for ages and her parents were mortified and it really stressed them out. She is a non-biting three year old now though!

RubyrooUK Sat 26-Jan-13 08:09:19

Yes these things happen. My DS was bitten quite a few times by other kids around that age. He has never (to my knowledge) bitten another child himself but it tends to be a stage and the other kids don't seem to do it anymore (he's now 2). I'd just have accepted the apology and left.

Nevercan Sat 26-Jan-13 07:58:10

That kind of things happens I'm afraid. As long as there is an apology not much more can be done

NewYearNewHat Sat 26-Jan-13 01:07:12

Yes the mum did apologise and I felt bad for her too.

PeachTown Sat 26-Jan-13 00:53:27

Not a lot. What can you do? A child under 18mo can't really be reasoned with. DS got bitten at nursery and left with bruises once but I didn't feel that it was anyone's fault as his assailant was so young.

Sorry, I meant the parent, did they not apologise? Normally helps smooth it over a bit.

NewYearNewHat Sat 26-Jan-13 00:52:07

Yes I cuddled him and took him home as he was screaming hysterically.

No apology, as he was preverbal anyway and I left quickly.

I was just wondering what others would have done as I was very shaken by it and wasn't thinking straight.

Was an apology involved? Nothing could be done, cuddled my ds and moved along. It is an annoying phase that some go through. I think it's worse to own a biter actually.

Greensleeves Sat 26-Jan-13 00:34:10

cuddled my ds and kissed it better!

NewYearNewHat Sat 26-Jan-13 00:33:11

My son was bit by a stranger toddler we met while out walking. He was with his mum. He would have been around 15 to 22 months, my son is 18 months. It left a bruise but didn't break the skin.

What would you have done in this situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now