Can a 6 month old and a 2.4 year old share a room...?

(7 Posts)
Goldrill Thu 24-Jan-13 23:08:02

Thanks for the info. I suspect I may be better off keeping DD1 in a cot if this is going to work, perhaps, as she is very enthusiastic about helping out with the littley - forever trying to put blankets on her etc.

Mine are 9m and 2.3y and they share. Well I say they share, they'll both be in our bed by 1am grin

Beatrixpotty Thu 24-Jan-13 21:46:18

Mine have the same age gap but are both boys.DS1 was a bit rough & jealous so I kept DS2 in our room until he was 8 months but then they shared and it has worked out really well.I kept them both in cots until DS1 was 3 though,then he was old enough not to chuck trains on his brothers head!

DorsetLass Wed 23-Jan-13 22:58:22

Ours have shared from when you youngest was 4 months (oldest was 28 months). I did keep a spare cot up as if baby woke up I could just scoop home out and move him without everyone awake. Did that until he was a year.

They are now almost 2 and 4 - and they play together in the morning (one still in cot) so we get extra snooze time. They actually get really upset if the other is isn't there when thy wake up. We have a boy and girl - so I think there will be a time in a few years when they'll need separate space. Go for it - they'll love it!!

Gigondas Wed 23-Jan-13 22:53:45

Yep I did with my sis and my two do now. I even got a video monitor to check them but issue is more dd2 shouting at dd1 to wake her than dd1 chucking stuff in the cot (3.5 year gap here).

BackforGood Wed 23-Jan-13 22:50:56

Of course they can. Whyever not ? confused

Goldrill Wed 23-Jan-13 22:48:29

...because I was just assuming that when DD2 hit the magic 6 months and we could have our bedroom back she would go in to share a room with her sister. DD1 is currently in a cotbed but about to go into a bed, and my mum did that worried intake of breath/furrowed brow thing when I mentioned putting DD2 in with her - in case she chucks toys/blankets/full potties into her cot.

Is she worrying too much about this or do we need to rethink? (Surely siblings have had to share rooms from the year dot?).

Any advice/experience appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now