What can a skinny toddler wear in a cold swimming pool?

(6 Posts)
mathanxiety Sun 20-Jan-13 20:19:04

Oh good god, not worm, WARM obv blush

mathanxiety Sun 20-Jan-13 20:18:31

Second the bodysuit idea along with the float if she needs a buoyancy aid.

For afterwards, invest in a large microfibre towel that will have her dried off in no time plus a microfibre hair wrap. Fleecy, warm sweatpants and sweatshirt and thick socks to dress in should help her worm up again.

DomesticGoddess31 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:26:54

I recently bought a baby wetsuit from Splash About. No extra buoyancy, just keeps my skinny DD warmer. Get one thats a snug fit though else it will simply trap the cold water next to her skin.

lljkk Sun 20-Jan-13 19:23:34

?Put her in full body lycra sunsuit (I was told lycra is one of the few fabrics that insulates when wet). I have seen people wearing them at our pool.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 20-Jan-13 19:16:32

I dont understand! Why would you not want your child to be more buoyant??

Ditch the armbands and buy a float jacket and a wetsuit thing. She will be warm, buoyant and in the correct position for swimming.

Dd has just got the hang of armbands and is desperate to go in the large swimming pool but she's rubbish in the cold. Why can I put her in to keep her warm? I don't want to use one of those wetsuit things as it will make her more buoyant.

Would love any tips - thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now