Poor miserable teaching baby and I need to walk the dog...

(8 Posts)

I would and have done. If he's wrapped up he'll be fine, and it's not like you have a lot of choice if the dog needs walking. Babies are quite robust, mine have survived being dragged out twice a day in all weathers.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 17-Jan-13 12:29:45

Have you tried some dentinox? Is he old enough for a frozen banana, chunks of cool cucumber to gnaw on or even a clean cool wet flannel to chew on?

Enjoy your walk smile

MumOfTheMoos Thu 17-Jan-13 12:17:04

Thank you - I'll pop him in his sling - much better idea than a buggy

espanol Thu 17-Jan-13 11:58:05

Definitely get out. A change is as good as a rest and all that. Baby might be distracted by being outside and if teeth are still bothersome later you'll feel less frazzled coping for having had some good fresh air rather than being cooped up all day

IdiotishPrattle Thu 17-Jan-13 11:55:40

I second JugsMcGee suggestion, wrapped snug in a sling, he'll find it comforting to be close to you, you get a lovely baby hot water bottle attachment, dog gets a walk and Ds gets a change of scenery to take his mind off his poorly, irritated gums.
Have a lovely walk smile

JugsMcGee Thu 17-Jan-13 11:47:29

Have you got a sling? A bit of fresh air might do you all good smile

MumOfTheMoos Thu 17-Jan-13 11:29:16

Obviously I meant to say teething in the title..

MumOfTheMoos Thu 17-Jan-13 11:16:14

It's -2 outside (but gloriously sunny) and I've got a very clingy tearful teething baby, for whom I've already decided not to go into college, so that I can bf on demand today. However, I do need to walk the dog - it's sooo cold outside, but would it still be ok to wrap DS up all cosy and bundle them both out to the park?

I have to say if I was feeling like DS is, it's the last thing I'd want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now