18month toddler hitting....what's my strategy?!

(4 Posts)
MsFlippingHeck Sun 18-Nov-12 22:39:19

Oh dear, can the nursery not keep a closer eye on her to protect her from the others?

fizzybubblesforme Sun 18-Nov-12 20:01:52

I'm not sure what his problem is, but it just results in her continuing to hit him!

I do hope she sticks up for herself soon - I'm fed up collecting her and finding her scratched or in a corner!

MsFlippingHeck Sun 18-Nov-12 19:58:46

I'd say you're doing the right thing. Dd went through this stage and it just stopped after a while. A firm 'NO' and maybe putting her on the floor if she's on your knee/sofa so she realises she misses out by hurting you. What is Dh's argument for not moving away from her?

You'll probably find as she gets a bit older she'll start sticking up for herself with other children then you'll be worried about her pushing them about!

fizzybubblesforme Sun 18-Nov-12 19:41:58

My 18 month has just started hitting my DH and me. This is completely new and just wondering the best way to deal with it. So far we have been saying No and I have been moving away from her - my DH doesn't agree with the moving out the way so we are not being consistent which I don't think is particularly helpful.

I don't know it it is worth mentioning that previously she has been scratched and pushed by the other kids in nursery - quite consistently as she is very docile there and just accepts it from other kids.

Best strategy for stopping the hitting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now