Can anyone recommend a good portrait photographer in London?

(33 Posts)
franch Wed 20-Jan-10 11:24:33

Someone who does brilliant shots of children? Thanks.

MerryMarigold Wed 25-Jan-12 23:47:15

great lady photography with 3 kids of her own (I am not her, but she is my friend and has taken lots of pics of my kids)

She's absolutely brilliant. She also does shoots in people's houses/ local park. She's fantastic with the kids, very creative and has lovely ideas. Like when we attempted a hige family photo with the GP's, sis and toddler, my family of 5 and it was proving difficult, she suggested we all try and tickle my parents and got this beautiful photo of us all laughing. It's so natural. She's particularly great at portraits that really capture the kids personality.

MerryMarigold Wed 25-Jan-12 23:52:39

PS. With Lily, you can order the whole CD of shots very reasonably and then make a photobook or order whatever you like. That's what I have done in the past as it's too hard to choose, especially when you have 3 kids, as I do, and maybe even other people in photos eg. parents.

PepeLePew Thu 26-Jan-12 00:08:31

Check out Rory Lindsay - he takes fabulous photos of children and they absolutely adored him and had a blast...

leaz Wed 08-Aug-12 23:10:22

Bit late for a response, but just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I've been a serious hobbyist for nearly a decade now and am starting to do professional work now. To build up my portfolio I am charging close to nothing ( no session fee + 3 full resolution digital images and option to purchase more images for £10 ). so if you dont like the results you pay nothing and still end up with 3 images of your choosing.
Based in NW3. Here is my website : www.dumplingsphotography.com

ejreynolds Fri 16-Nov-12 23:22:44

This thread seems to be going on for a bit so I thought I would post a response to this that I also posted on a similar thread on my local site.
I had photos done by a really nice photographer locally in Old St. He is doctor actually so was great with the kids, as well as running a photography business. He was very good at giving us the fullsize files and let us print them ourselves, although we also got him to print a couple of really cool hardboard prints which were amazing. Website below:

www.johannmalawana.com
www.facebook.com/johannmalawanaphotography

Emma

AMPhotography Tue 26-Mar-13 15:41:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SueS28 Sat 01-Mar-14 12:11:16

I have a fantastic portrait photographer, and she actually specializes in photographing children, from newborns to the older ones. Her name is Milla and she is based in London. From my experience I can say that apart from being a professional and talented photographer, she is also very friendly, enthusiastic about her job and full of ideas. That is why she works very well with children. It's her website where you can visit her gallery and see some pictures http://www.studio-milla.com/

PoppyCarterPortraits Tue 04-Nov-14 11:18:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now