Your worst moment on mumsnet?

(339 Posts)

OK - this is meant to be lighthearted & not meant to stir up any old battles. Just noticed a few posts recently from newbies suggesting that they haven't found mn particularly easy to break into at first and, being newish myself, just wondered if any of you old timers would put us newer members at ease by sharing any memorable snubbings, false troll accusations, clangers you've made, threads that really DIDN't work out the way you meant them to, etc...

Ideally you'd be able to laugh at them now rather than still being bitter

lisalisa Thu 01-Mar-07 13:22:07

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Thu 01-Mar-07 13:19:34

Message withdrawn

Cloudhopper Thu 01-Mar-07 13:16:17

Once a thread about how cruel parents were leaving their children in daycare made me cry.

That was in my very first few weeks though. Then I got a life and realised that I didn't have to take some anonymous person's opinion so much to heart.

I admit to feeling hurt or angry fairly often at things that people put, but again, this just points me in the direction of getting a life. Quite useful things, MN rucks.

2ManyPimms Thu 01-Mar-07 12:59:35

My responses are usually ignored - except for one occassion where I related an experience with my DS and moggling and got blasted by someone in the industry (she will not be named) for putting forth my opinion. The thread on which that was posted has never been quite the same again.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 12:46:08

gosh I am sorry issymum

dotty as in fox this and that real person fabrication of events...I had a rethink and an absence as a result of the fall out

Issymum Thu 01-Mar-07 12:42:04

No really I'm not Zippi. You made a completely innocent, off-hand and accurate observation, but it did upset me. Mnet is bloody weird like that.

I rarely post about being a lawyer, it's just too dull. However, I have been known to allude to the fact that the DDs are adopted once or twice......

Aloha Thu 01-Mar-07 12:40:52

I keep having rucks with Ruty, who seems really nice, which is a bit crap.

Pimmpom Thu 01-Mar-07 12:38:42

Zippi - Dotty was 'real' wasn't she?

Still think of her and wonder how she got on abroad.

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 12:36:01

issymum you are pulling my leg

i thought you were a hot shot lawyer so you must post about that too

Issymum Thu 01-Mar-07 12:32:00

This is really disturbing. I can genuinely recall only one bad moment: Zippitippitoes insinuated that I post only about nannies. She is of course quite right, nannies do figure largely in my Mnet life, but it did make me feel bad for a couple of days. Kissy kissy to Zippitippi.

Other than that, nothing. Nada. Zip. From which there are two possible conclusions - 1. My Mnet persona is blander than Dale Winton or 2. I am constantly insulting and being insulted and have utterly failed to notice either. I'm not sure which is worse.

oh dear Shiny. Hadn't thought of that. Surely serves them all right for being so inconsiderate of people's feelings in the first place

Spidermama Thu 01-Mar-07 12:05:15

Threads where I've come to virtual blows include ...

1. Boys in dresses.
2. Kids at weddings.
3. 'Extended' breastfeeding.
4. Kids with dummies.
5. Perceived 'smugness'.
6. Pus in cow milk.
7. Lying to kids.
8. School uniform.

I suppose some peoples NEW worst moments will be seeing on this thread that they caused or contributed to someone else's bad moments...

Spidermama Thu 01-Mar-07 12:02:40

I've had a few barneys. Some people wind me up no end so I try to avoid contact with them becaue I know we have opposing views about absolutely everything. You know who you are. xx

I only remember the early ones because I think you become de-sensitised but we'd all do well to remember how upsetting MN can be if we're careless with one another.

Pruni Thu 01-Mar-07 11:53:55

Message withdrawn

but pruni that Juliet moment was inspired

pishwasher Thu 01-Mar-07 11:52:01

my thread about the woman who left her kids in the car at morrisons..HUGE MISTAKE! I think i still have footprints on my back from where I was jumped on!!

southeastastra Thu 01-Mar-07 11:50:42

yes try to avoid it now quadrophenia! i re-read some posts and want to hide.

quadrophenia Thu 01-Mar-07 11:48:39

I tend not to drink and type southeastastra, it always gets very messy!!

Pruni Thu 01-Mar-07 11:48:34

Message withdrawn

zippitippitoes Thu 01-Mar-07 11:47:37

i am ambivalent to the people telling lies business

after the dotty fiasco i menioned earleir i can see reasons to out in some cases

southeastastra Thu 01-Mar-07 11:46:08

i've had quite a few worst moments, especially when posting late at night under the boozy influence

Flamesparrow Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:51

Narnia

FoghornLeghorn Thu 01-Mar-07 11:44:03

I had a 'situation' with a MN'er which pretty much most of MN knows about.
It got resolved, I left, came back and we don't tend to cross paths anymore. Still makes me to think of it though and probably still makes her

BoolieTC Thu 01-Mar-07 11:41:24

I can't name names anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now