Your worst moment on mumsnet?

(339 Posts)
welshmum Wed 28-Feb-07 19:23:44

When I was on my ante-natal group thread and there was a big row about us wanting to be exclusive, it was horrible and everyone piled in to lecture us. We were all hormonal pregnant ladies and should have been indulged

whiffywarthog Wed 28-Feb-07 19:20:28

hmm i've been on here for over a year (yes, newbie) and the vast majority of the time i am ignored. i've even thought, f*ck it, i'll be provocative, and it's like i've never posted... at some point, the fat kid too short to see over the counter will wander away hanging head sadly, hands in pockets, kicking imaginary sand.

not that i'm bitter or anything

zippitippitoes Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:51

scariest was alittle banter with www which definitely bit back

and a thread about people who live in london

Blandmum Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

I argued with Jimjams once. I was being a twat, and would like to publically appologise

hunkerdave Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

Probably when I clicked the link and discovered that the thread linked to by a SWMNBN's spokeswoman as being an example of why MN was being sued was started by me.

lostinfrance Wed 28-Feb-07 18:56:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachyClair Wed 28-Feb-07 18:49:38

It would have been about 3-4 years ago, I'd just done a BF course and I posted a comment- somebody immediately jumperd onme and said 'I never heard that is that true.....' quite aggressivly- actually it was but I chickened out of the fight and did a runner that lasted 6 months LOL!

Not ahlf as touch these days.

It can be ahrd to break into, and even us very oldies (my first post was when ds1, now 7, was a newborn) feel a bit wary at times. Just don the hardhat and get on in- it'll be ok

Ok really, I once posted a thread about a friend's child in which I exaggerated the problem (out of laziness really - it was easier that way). friend saw the thread and was offended. think she got over it though.

Fooey Wed 28-Feb-07 18:48:19

Mine was where I started a thread to sneer at a shiny faced Boden model who was prominently advertising a cardy alongside active convos

Pruni came on and got all huffy because the model ("Juliet") was a mate of hers

the big LIAR was she fuck

I nearly cacked myself though

most threads I start, apart from one which made the homepage, as they usually die a slow lingering death

it was starting a "worst moments" thread asd I recall

Tortington Wed 28-Feb-07 18:47:03

most threads i go on actually.

chestnutty Wed 28-Feb-07 18:46:14

Had a couple of threads where it was just me talking to myself.
I'm doing one now on this board about mobile phones!

OK - this is meant to be lighthearted & not meant to stir up any old battles. Just noticed a few posts recently from newbies suggesting that they haven't found mn particularly easy to break into at first and, being newish myself, just wondered if any of you old timers would put us newer members at ease by sharing any memorable snubbings, false troll accusations, clangers you've made, threads that really DIDN't work out the way you meant them to, etc...

Ideally you'd be able to laugh at them now rather than still being bitter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now