Jel of a teen!!!!!

(3 Posts)
WinterMammy Thu 27-Dec-12 17:33:37

Would this annoy you?

You move away from home, not by choice. A family friend moves in because she doesn't get along with her family. She has her own room and a key for the house. You go and visit and end up arguing with her to which all YOUR family then fall out with you too. You have to leave and go back home to another country. All family events were YOU should be in the pictures are now replaced by the family friend. Your own niece doesn't enjoy talking to you on the phone (understandable shes a kid) and the family friend then refers to her as HER niece. You can't visit much because its expensive, but your family offer to come over pick your kids up and take them back to visit the family, you can stay at home even though you miss your family loads and would love a chance to see them.

I'm in this situation right now and its fucking shit. envy

ViperInTheManger Thu 27-Dec-12 17:35:56

Why would your family collect your children and leave you at home? That's just plain nasty and, I'm afraid, I would not be allowing people with those sort of attitiudes to see and influence my children.

WinterMammy Thu 27-Dec-12 17:39:48

Shes too young to go by herself, so they've offered to collect and have her for the week. So I guess that's why it made me feel so shit. I lot has happened to dd and I have little trust in anybody when it comes to her. I know I'm going to have to let go one day, but right now whats wrong with us all visiting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now