Wanting a 2nd baby

(3 Posts)
Kt1991 Mon 06-May-13 11:03:22

My partner and I already have a little boy who's 2years 3months and I'm desperate to try for baby number 2, but my partner wants to wait another year or so. We're getting married next month, so I know that's a lot of expenses, but would be really nice to start trying on our wedding night. I suffer for PCOS and I'm really worried that its either gonna take me ages to concieve or not concieve at allsad so that's why I don't want To leave it any longer. Am I being unreasonable? Just feeling quite emotional about it at the moment. I don't want a huge age gap between our son and the next one though, or I will feel lol they won't bond.

Shallistopnow Mon 20-May-13 21:44:05

Men always want to put things off. He's probably forgetting about the 9 months it takes to grow so get on with it I say. He'll thank you in a few years when the kid are playing with each other instead of an only child nagging him to play! I have an only DD who is 7 and I so wish we'd had another. So much easier when you're at the beach etc - lie back & let 'em play.

BikeRunSki Mon 20-May-13 21:55:17

DH was adamant we were only having one child. I really wanted another! Then we spent a few days over Christmas a couple of years ago with my sister and her 2 DC (then 5 and 9) and a few days over New Year with DH's brother, wife and their 2 DC (then 2 and 4). Amazingly, there were periods during these visits when the cousins and DS all played nicely, so much so that DH realised that a second child might not be such a disaster. We started ttc in January that year (when DS was 2 y 3 months) ... DD was born in October!

The turning point was spending time with pairs of young siblings - could you engineer any similar situations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now