Present for nursery staff?

(8 Posts)
DharmaBums Tue 12-Feb-13 14:44:49

Hi, this is a bit of trivial question! We are moving towns in the next couple of weeks, which means we have to leave the nursery that my DD attends 3 days per week. She's been there for nearly 18 months and we've got quite attached to the team. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, group present for the 5 or so workers in her room to say thanks? Don't want to spend a massive amount of money, and have done chocolates at Christmas! Any ideas? Thanks!

At Christmas we got a small box of malteasers and a christmas lottery scratch card for each of the workers in DD's room. They seemed very grateful. (DD only goes one day a week and had been there a few months, so we didn't want to spend much)

DharmaBums Tue 12-Feb-13 22:29:50

Thanks! The lottery card is a great idea!

LucyLui25 Wed 13-Feb-13 17:59:31

I work in a nursery, lottery card is a great idea. What our team love is a genuine written card, I once had a hand written letter to myself expressing how greatful they were to me and my team. That was 4 years ago and is still on our wall. We love our job and really appreciate being told we've done a good job. Whatever you decide they'll be happy.

BonzoDooDah Wed 13-Feb-13 18:14:19

I like the little packs of mixed Green and Blacks Chocolate Bars - they are really tasty, wrapped so can be shared out and a nice treat.
>> this kind of thing

You could give them a little toiletry gift set each (I have been eyeing up some handmade soap for my next gift to nursery staff). I agree that the written card is probably the most meaningful thing you could give. My DD is at nursery for about 50% of her waking hours so I think she is really half theirs. I can hear he nursery staff in the things she says, the songs she sings and her manners. I think it is nice for the staff to hear that.

cookielove Wed 13-Feb-13 20:33:34

breatheslowly that is a lovely way of saying it, i hope my parents feel the same as you do smile

DharmaBums Wed 13-Feb-13 22:50:26

Such lovely ideas! Thank you all! The letter is a great idea- I might make a card with her photo on the front too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now