Do you know any folk music similar to Bagpuss soundtrack?

(4 Posts)
TheSmallClanger Tue 13-Nov-12 13:28:57

Not folk music, but related -
Oliver Postgate and the man who did the music for his animations wrote a little opera based on The Clangers. I think it's still available.

CeilidhHayley Sat 10-Nov-12 07:40:50

The trouble is, most traditional folk music is quite dark, lyrically speaking (when not performed by adorable mice from the 70s). I suppose it reflects our history. I'm a huge fan of the stuff, but you have to listen to a lot of it as you would an album by Eminem or someone, cos by & large the themes are sex & violence.

Suggest some purely instrumental stuff to entertain the dcs.

MeFour Fri 05-Oct-12 00:15:01

Well for shanties try the fishermans friends

My favourites at the moment are the lost brothers, folk, but different to what you are looking for

carolinecordery Fri 05-Oct-12 00:04:12

I and my small ones love the Bagpuss soundtrack and would love to find something similar- traditional folk with whimsical little stories told in clear voices by school ma'am/ friendly old farmer uncle voices and tiny mice. If I can't find any specifically children's music like this, I'll be happy to just find some trad folk like this, fiddles and shanties... thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now