This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Do you own a car? Take part in a survey for RAC about breakdown cover and be in with a chance of winning a £250 M&S voucher

(39 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Oct-12 17:47:40

We've been asked by RAC to find out what you think about breakdown cover.

This survey is open to all UK MNers who own a family car, and shouldn't take more than a few minutes to complete. It doesn't matter whether or not you currently have breakdown cover, or whether you're an RAC customer or not - if you're a car owner, we want to hear your views!

Everyone who completes the survey and adds their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw where one person will win a £250 M&S voucher.

Please click here to take part.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
MNHQ

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Oct-12 15:39:16

Sorry for the delay in announcing the prize draw winner - I'm pleased to say the winner of the £250 M&S voucher is...

Sidge

Congratulations! I'll PM you to get your details.

DairyNips Wed 24-Oct-12 01:49:42

Hey MNHQsmile has the winner of the voucher been notified yet?

Nigglenaggle Sun 21-Oct-12 19:51:59

Done

Caerlaverock Sat 20-Oct-12 16:17:30

I have filled in survey twice because I just had excellent service from rac!

MTBMummy Thu 18-Oct-12 16:57:23

Done, I must admit I loved RAC, only moved from them as I got free recovery with my insurance

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Thu 18-Oct-12 15:18:26

Done smile

Done

sb6699 Wed 17-Oct-12 16:44:11

As an ex-customer mine wasn't too complimentary either!

I broke down on a busy motorway and they said they would be with me in 25 mins - all good. 2 hours later they still hadn't arrived and even the highways agency were appalled at the fact I was still there with 3 children.

A towtruck eventually arrived to take us off.the motorway as rac didn't have a mechanic available.. they took us to the nearest services to wait - almost another 2 hours!
Infuriatingly, I only lived 1/2 mile from the services but the towtruck driver wouldn't tow us home to wait for.the mechanic because "it would be too expensive".

To top it off, the mechanic couldn't fix the problem because the parts place was closed by the time he got there. Later found out he had misdiagnosed the problem anyway.

We really should have complained but we just cancelled.

If anyone from rac is reading - get your finger out - its totally unacceptable to have children waiting that length of time in a field cold and wet!

helenthemadex Wed 17-Oct-12 15:58:02

done, the vouchers would come in handy for christmas

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Oct-12 12:51:31

oops- thanks zipzap!

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 17-Oct-12 12:09:31

Done, quite a quick and easy survey!

zipzap Wed 17-Oct-12 11:34:56

Done.

Think you might want to look at the wording of Q12 and Q13 though - you ask about what you don't want in the cover twice...

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Wed 17-Oct-12 11:06:50

Done, but I left RAC as I was not at all impressed with their service, since gone with green flag and they are wonderful!

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Oct-12 08:53:19

Tequila - if you're responsible for deciding whether or not to get breakdown cover for a company car, and arranging it, then that's fine - please do go ahead

Chopstheduck Wed 17-Oct-12 06:46:45

Done. We're with RAC for the family car, but they wanted a fortune to cover dh's car! We ended up going with AA for them, and they've been brilliant.

All done smile

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 17-Oct-12 00:05:26

done

Done

Done

EnchantedBunny Tue 16-Oct-12 21:59:28

Done!

Done we recently joined RAC aswell, maybe it was sales patter but we were very impressed with what we get for our money.

Faverolles Tue 16-Oct-12 20:58:09

Done smile

Zombieminx Tue 16-Oct-12 20:42:22

Done smile

IvanaNap Tue 16-Oct-12 20:34:27

Done smile

What about company cars? Do they count?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now