This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Talk to us about all things cars related - you could win a great prize - inc. a meal cooked for you and your friends, Tesco vouchers or Good Food Show Tickets

(74 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Mar-12 14:06:12

We want to know about you and the cars you buy - are you a petrol head who dreams of updating their ride on a regular basis? Or are you driving ancient wheels around and just don't care?!

Please take a few minutes to tell us by completing our survey then add your details at the end and you will be entered into the prize draw for one of the fab prizes up for grabs - these are:

1) Purple Grape Catering are offering a three course meal for six people cooked in the comfort of your own home. It will include canapés, a 3 course meal and half a bottle of wine per head and a waitress. They will come to your house and cook, serve and clean up.

2) We have 2 £250 vouchers to spend in any Tesco store or at any Tesco fuel station.

and finally:

3) You could win four tickets to your choice of either the Clothes Show, Good Food Show or Masterchef live

More details here

The survey is open to all Mumsnetters with at least one child and who have a car - any car - company included.

Thanks
MNHQ

MargueritaaPracatan Sat 31-Mar-12 09:06:04

Done-de-donedonedone.

Codandchops Sat 31-Mar-12 09:31:48

Good survey.

My idea of an ideal car? It just has to work!

Flightty Sat 31-Mar-12 09:46:45

The list of priority considerations didn't even include whether the car is reliable or not. Bizarre. I had to add that under 'other'. hmm

Calamityboo Sat 31-Mar-12 09:48:26

Done, please we NEED the masterchef prize, am willing to bribe As my ds is the biggest fan of masterchef will supply cake if it will help smile

SoupDragon Sat 31-Mar-12 10:07:04

I found the assumption that there was a partner very irritating.

I found this one slightly offensive (or at least cringeworthy) "since becoming a mum I have had more influence over the decision of which car to buy"

Flightty Sat 31-Mar-12 10:10:37

Calamity, if we win that one you can have it. I'm only interested in the vouchers really, if anything... just fancied doing the survey. The idea of some poor person having to come to my house and cook for me is terrifying! I'd have to wash up and stuff in advance.

Calamityboo Sat 31-Mar-12 10:16:45

Ooh thanks flighty smile still hoping the bribe offer of cake will work for us as well!!

Meglet Sat 31-Mar-12 10:35:26

Done.

But why did it assume we have partners? Single parents do have cars too you know. Mind you, my XP couldn't be bothered to come when I went car shopping so even then it was left up to me.

If I win the meal we'll have to go to mums house, I can't fit six around my table.

therewasatime Sat 31-Mar-12 12:11:48

done

BackforGood Sat 31-Mar-12 13:43:01

Done - but not very accurately as it didn't allow for our situation of one decent car and one old banger, but both used equally by both o us. Questions such a 'how much do you spend on your car?' were then tricky to answer.

ManMinder Sat 31-Mar-12 15:19:15

I did try to fill the survey out, but as a man I was constantly thrown by the references to my 'dear husband'! grin

Glittertwins Sat 31-Mar-12 17:32:59

Done. We've found that dealers can be incredibly offensive when they judge you simply because it's a stinking hot day and we're wearing shorts and t-shirts. Definitely should have been a question on how you thought you were judged when walking into a dealership.

Blu Sat 31-Mar-12 19:37:35

Men and women on same sex relayionships will throw the results!

Will the best suggestions for car features be publicised? Actually two of mine are so good (in my less than humble opinion) that I think I should have slapped some kind of intellectual property protection on them!

melliebobs Sat 31-Mar-12 21:22:07

Done it!

I did this, but did feel quite uncomfortable answering certain questions.

I am not 'the little woman' at home, but an equal - and actually for years I chose what cars I had, because DH didnt drive then.

prettybird Sat 31-Mar-12 22:55:38

It was a bit "mums" orientated wasn't it, with a few sexist assumptions hmm?

Forgets the bit about Mumsnet being "by parents for parents". There are dads here too. Survey could have been written in a more gender neutral way and if they were specifically looking for a female perspective, either said so at the beginning or sorted it out at the end in the "about you" questions, which would have allowed them to filter the results.

HavePatience Sat 31-Mar-12 23:13:45

Done

LaGrenouille Sat 31-Mar-12 23:55:04

Hope I am not too late to join this, but done! oh and I have put an email address which is different to the one I registered on MN. Hope that is ok.

Actually MNHQ, I did a couple of comps earlier and put a previous nickname, as had forgotten I had changed. Hope that is alright too blush

MyDogShitsShoes Sun 01-Apr-12 08:22:10

This bloody survey crashed my phone twice in q 23! angry

Fix it please, could reeeeeaaaaally do with some free petrol!

Done but we have two cars that are currently not road worthy as well as the family car. I wasn't sure when to include them or not. If it was up to me they'd have been scrapped a long time ago. Vintage, my arse

Done.

herecomesthsun Sun 01-Apr-12 19:41:03

Agree re assumptions in questions, I effectively buy and mainly use for work the car which is also our family car. I do most of the research but do consult DH so that he is involved in the decision too. Strangely, doing it this way roud was not an option!

prettybird Sun 01-Apr-12 21:00:24

I agree herecomesthesun . I ended up having to answer that we did the research equally and made the decision jointly, even though dh doesn't do any research but trusts me to the research and then we make a joint decision based on my information.

Mollified Mon 02-Apr-12 10:27:07

I lost interest half way through, very long survey.

nickelhasababy Mon 02-Apr-12 16:33:59

question 5 makes no sense whatsoever.

the "questions" are actually the answers from q4.
it's unanswerable.

5. If you have more than one car in your household, do you and/or your DP/DH have a car which you or they consider theirs/yours which is not really used as a main family car? Eg a company car, a car used only for trips to the station, work, school run etc.

If so, when it comes to buying this car, which of the following best describes the decision-making process for you and your family? Please tick to indicate who is the main driver/user of the car.

If you don't have this sort of car or you only have a family car then please leave this question blank.

Tick one per row where applicable.
My DP/DH is wholly responsible for the researching/planning and the decisionI do some of the researching/planning with my DP/DH but he makes the final decisionI make the final decision but my DP/DH is involved with some of the researching/ planningI am wholly responsible for the researching/planning and decisionWe are equally responsible for the researching/planning and the decisionDon't know/NA
Main driver: Me
If you have more than one car in your household, do you and/or your DP/DH have a car which you or they consider theirs/yours which is not really used as a main family car? Eg a company car, a car used only for trips to the station, work, school run etc.

If so, when it comes to buying this car, which of the following best describes the decision-making process for you and your family? Please tick to indicate who is the main driver/user of the car.

If you don't have this sort of car or you only have a family car then please leave this question blank.

Tick one per row where applicable.
Main driver: Me My DP/DH is wholly responsible for the researching/planning and the decision

Main driver: Me I do some of the researching/planning with my DP/DH but he makes the final decision

Main driver: Me I make the final decision but my DP/DH is involved with some of the researching/ planning

Main driver: Me I am wholly responsible for the researching/planning and decision

Main driver: Me We are equally responsible for the researching/planning and the decision

Main driver: Me Don't know/NA
Main driver: DH/DP
Main driver: DH/DP My DP/DH is wholly responsible for the researching/planning and the decision

Main driver: DH/DP I do some of the researching/planning with my DP/DH but he makes the final decision

Main driver: DH/DP I make the final decision but my DP/DH is involved with some of the researching/ planning

Main driver: DH/DP I am wholly responsible for the researching/planning and decision

Main driver: DH/DP We are equally responsible for the researching/planning and the decision

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now