Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: UK MNers with school age children - take a survey about shoes and you could win £300 of Amazon vouchers....

(62 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Oct-11 10:44:23

We've been asked to find out how Mumsnetters feel about the shoes their children wear when they're not at school.

We're calling them 'everyday' shoes in this survey - by this we mean any shoes that they wear apart from proper school shoes. Of course your child may well have more than one pair of everyday shoes (e.g. trainers, boots, sandals, canvas shoes, pumps, wellies) but please think about all shoes that are not school shoes (except shoes/boots designed for specific sports eg football boots). If you have more than one child please think about one child when answering the survey as your responses may vary. You are welcome to complete the survey more than once responding for each child you have.

Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. It is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child of school age.

Everyone who takes part and enters their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw to win £300 of Amazon vouchers.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!
MNHQ

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Oct-11 18:22:09

chippyminton was selected at random as the lucky winner of the £300 Amazon voucher! Well done and thanks to everyone for completing the survey.

prettybird Thu 06-Oct-11 12:10:31

Recently bought ds a pair of Asics trainers (genuinely for running as well as looking good - he sees him parents running in their Asics) but they were a good price at £29.99 so was able to tick the £20-£30 bracket.

Having said that, ds still wears his Clarks trainers most of the time as he doesn't want to get his new ones dirty smile

His school shoes were bought from Tesco as black trainers-come-shoes. He plays football on a blaize pitch in them at break and lunch time so I have given up on getting him expensive shoes that need polishing.

LittlePushka Wed 05-Oct-11 23:21:00

All done!

Done

scottishmummy Wed 05-Oct-11 20:47:01

could spend £300 in a moment.click and whoosh,spent

SamsGoldilocks Wed 05-Oct-11 20:40:40

done - really i can spend those vouchers no problem I would be your best choice [grin}

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Oct-11 18:55:36

Thanks guys - we had a few too many questions so no real room for other comments....I will ensure the client sees them though if you post on this thread...all useful stuff.

Tonksforthememories Wed 05-Oct-11 18:54:54

I wanted to explain about DD1 and steel toe caps too! Can't wait till she's big enough for Doc Martens!

<I want to get DD1 a tablet pc for Christmas, Amazon is amazing for them!>

HopingForTheBest Wed 05-Oct-11 18:17:32

i have completed too.

iloverhubarb Wed 05-Oct-11 18:15:49

Yes re lack of space for comments. They do realise that most (surely not just mine anyway) 13 year old DDs buy their own cheap and nasty footwear for everyday use don't they?

And that the reason shoes end up pinching is that the feet have grown - not because they were badly/not fitted..

like abit of a whinge, pls can I win tho?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 05-Oct-11 16:20:32

done
could have done with a bit of space for comments.
we sometimes buy fitted shoes, and sometimes off the peg, and the comfort/fit/durability has sometimes been good with fitted shoes, sometimes not, so i didn't feel the option to only tick one box was helpful.
the vouchers on the other hand would be very helpful indeed wink

Done smile

Madlizzy Wed 05-Oct-11 12:50:19

I don't mind. That £300 worth of vouchers would go a long way towards Christmas out our house. www.skintsville.com

ThePosieParker Wed 05-Oct-11 12:49:10

I would imagine the survey is about buying shoes for everyday wear, possibly from a company that have a big school shoe share of the market and have brand awareness based upon fitted shoes. Therefore they want more market share of other shoes.

#justsaying.

I really can't answer the questions. My kids don't have school shoes. They have no uniform so shoes are worn all the time and are used for both school and play.

stickylittlefingers Wed 05-Oct-11 12:10:11

if I won the vouchers, I'd get myself a garmin to keep up with the rest of them on the runners' thread! I guess the other £200 could do the rest of the family's Christmas presents, I can't really imagine beyond the garmin and me doing proper timed intervals... <sigh>

Madlizzy Wed 05-Oct-11 11:50:46

Done. 12 year old DD has loads of shoes, as she was given a load by one of my friends. Unfortunately, a few weeks back at school and her toes are already at the end of her school shoes.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Oct-11 11:23:34

prettybird - hmmm...tricky! I think we're thinking about proper outside school shoes here - rather than the plimsoles. Just answer it as best you can I guess...

prettybird Wed 05-Oct-11 10:45:20

How do you answer if your child has two pairs of "school" shoes: one for going to school and a pair of plimsolls for wearing in school - they're not allowed to wear "outside" shoes in school.

So my ds wears "school shoes" for c.8 hours a day, but no, I don't get them fitted, as the outside ones are worn for a whole 2 hours a day maximum (cycle to/from school, and footlball on a blaize pitch at playtime/lunchtime and before school) and I've never heard of getting plimsolls fitted! wink

The shoes he does wear a lot - his "everyday shoes", do get fitted and then I have a heart attack at how much they are

Bloodymary Wed 05-Oct-11 09:57:00

Done. Vouchers would be very, very handy!

PontyMython Wed 05-Oct-11 08:50:31

Done <looks pleadingly at MNHQ>

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Oct-11 23:56:45

WhoremoaneeGrainger - thanks! [too many schools and shoes]!

ilovesprouts Tue 04-Oct-11 22:47:35

done but my ds2 gets peidros

bilblio Tue 04-Oct-11 22:40:49

Done. Realised that DD only has wellies, crocs or school shoes which fit.
I'm going to have to buy her some "normal" shoes... she'll be going to parties in either her school shoes or wellies. hmm

Nyx Tue 04-Oct-11 22:27:47

Survey done. Why do I get hopeful every time I do one of these things? Oh well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now