This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: UK MNers with school age children - take a survey about shoes and you could win £300 of Amazon vouchers....

(62 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Oct-11 10:44:23

We've been asked to find out how Mumsnetters feel about the shoes their children wear when they're not at school.

We're calling them 'everyday' shoes in this survey - by this we mean any shoes that they wear apart from proper school shoes. Of course your child may well have more than one pair of everyday shoes (e.g. trainers, boots, sandals, canvas shoes, pumps, wellies) but please think about all shoes that are not school shoes (except shoes/boots designed for specific sports eg football boots). If you have more than one child please think about one child when answering the survey as your responses may vary. You are welcome to complete the survey more than once responding for each child you have.

Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. It is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child of school age.

Everyone who takes part and enters their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw to win £300 of Amazon vouchers.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!
MNHQ

WhoremoaneeGrainger Tue 04-Oct-11 18:57:43

To MumsnetHQ - What are school schools please? Did you mean school shoes by any chance?

LTLTLT Tue 04-Oct-11 19:50:18

Done - fingers crossed

huffythethreadslayer Tue 04-Oct-11 20:42:59

Boring survey. Didn't ask the questions that matter, like why do your shoes only last for 3 - 6 months. Mostly it's because the little beggars grow out of em so fast! Then they get to 10 and they're a size 5 and you're paying adult prices for shoes. Feel like getting out my soapbox again, but won't. Grrrrr...hate shoes.

My 10yo DS is still a size 13! He doesn't grow much, and shoes last on average 15 months (unless he wears the soles through again

balia Tue 04-Oct-11 21:09:47

I would love to be able to afford to get all DS's shoes properly fitted and brand new, but I can't afford it. I get him measured and then get shoes off ebay/the sites that sell cheap last season shoes.

huffythethreadslayer Tue 04-Oct-11 21:12:36

Your ds will probably not pay tax on his shoes for quite some time. My girl's been paying extra for 18 months now. Blardy shoe companies!! The tax shouldn't be size related; it should be age related, after all, that's why kids shoes are supposed to be cheaper.

Done. Didn't get to explain that I don't spend more than £25 on school shoes because they don't make them with steel toe caps which is the only kind that DD wouldn't manage to destroy the toes on within a month!!!

AnnMumsnet I have done the survey, but had to say ds is 4 due to no option for 3 year olds. smile

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Tue 04-Oct-11 21:32:27

Done.

ThePosieParker Tue 04-Oct-11 21:39:56

AnnMumsnet Did I mention how lovely you look today?

[pushes to the front, arms full of shoes]

Bohica Tue 04-Oct-11 21:57:42

Done. I read £300 amazon vouchers and immediately thought of DD's christmas kindle fund!!

aristocat Tue 04-Oct-11 22:07:14

smile

Nyx Tue 04-Oct-11 22:27:47

Survey done. Why do I get hopeful every time I do one of these things? Oh well.

bilblio Tue 04-Oct-11 22:40:49

Done. Realised that DD only has wellies, crocs or school shoes which fit.
I'm going to have to buy her some "normal" shoes... she'll be going to parties in either her school shoes or wellies. hmm

ilovesprouts Tue 04-Oct-11 22:47:35

done but my ds2 gets peidros

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Oct-11 23:56:45

WhoremoaneeGrainger - thanks! [too many schools and shoes]!

PontyMython Wed 05-Oct-11 08:50:31

Done <looks pleadingly at MNHQ>

Bloodymary Wed 05-Oct-11 09:57:00

Done. Vouchers would be very, very handy!

prettybird Wed 05-Oct-11 10:45:20

How do you answer if your child has two pairs of "school" shoes: one for going to school and a pair of plimsolls for wearing in school - they're not allowed to wear "outside" shoes in school.

So my ds wears "school shoes" for c.8 hours a day, but no, I don't get them fitted, as the outside ones are worn for a whole 2 hours a day maximum (cycle to/from school, and footlball on a blaize pitch at playtime/lunchtime and before school) and I've never heard of getting plimsolls fitted! wink

The shoes he does wear a lot - his "everyday shoes", do get fitted and then I have a heart attack at how much they are

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Oct-11 11:23:34

prettybird - hmmm...tricky! I think we're thinking about proper outside school shoes here - rather than the plimsoles. Just answer it as best you can I guess...

Madlizzy Wed 05-Oct-11 11:50:46

Done. 12 year old DD has loads of shoes, as she was given a load by one of my friends. Unfortunately, a few weeks back at school and her toes are already at the end of her school shoes.

stickylittlefingers Wed 05-Oct-11 12:10:11

if I won the vouchers, I'd get myself a garmin to keep up with the rest of them on the runners' thread! I guess the other £200 could do the rest of the family's Christmas presents, I can't really imagine beyond the garmin and me doing proper timed intervals... <sigh>

I really can't answer the questions. My kids don't have school shoes. They have no uniform so shoes are worn all the time and are used for both school and play.

ThePosieParker Wed 05-Oct-11 12:49:10

I would imagine the survey is about buying shoes for everyday wear, possibly from a company that have a big school shoe share of the market and have brand awareness based upon fitted shoes. Therefore they want more market share of other shoes.

#justsaying.

Madlizzy Wed 05-Oct-11 12:50:19

I don't mind. That £300 worth of vouchers would go a long way towards Christmas out our house. www.skintsville.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now