This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email Non MN surveys will be deleted.

why when peopel do a survey do they post "done" on the thread

(18 Posts)
GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:28:59

surely you DONT want anyone else to do it so they dont win the prize?
i dont get it

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:31:26

it annoys me now

Dropdeadfred Mon 28-Feb-11 11:33:09

haha..i don't get this either?

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:42:05

id HIDE sielently on the thread to keep it all to myself

Surveys normally have stickies anyway, so they are at the top whether you bump them or not.

GretchenWiener Mon 28-Feb-11 11:44:51

oh not for me
am a no sticky gal

You old fashioned types with your retro MNing.

I assume people do it so they can keep track of what ones they've done.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gramercy Mon 28-Feb-11 12:34:26

I have been on MN for years and I never liked to ask why people do this. I just went along with it, vaguely thinking that you don't get put in the hat if you don't post "done".

gramercy that's what I thought too (in fact just went back onto a survey thread to ask as much because I forgot to go back after doing the survey yesterday blush
maybe MNHQ pick winners based on how nice they've been to them on the thread...

merryberry Mon 28-Feb-11 23:47:05

and i read your answers over your shoulder shock

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Mar-11 12:39:17

Winners are chosen from the folks who add their names at the end of the survey - and are chosen totally at random, no crawling makes a difference!

I have in the past gone to do a survey only to find my name on the thread - so for me it is a reminder

withagoat Thu 17-Mar-11 08:45:57

So unless commenting on the thread, it's pointless

jamaisjedors Wed 30-Mar-11 19:08:10

I don't often post on the thread after doing the survey but I WAS wondering if that's why I never win!

JesuslifeinAD33 Sun 10-Apr-11 11:18:08

I think its a safety net; you know you've confirmed your entry cos you can see it, whereas when you enter, your entry just disappears into the mn ether!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now