This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Get the family cooking for the Mum in the household this Mother's Day with Birds Eye: testers needed

(61 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 25-Feb-13 16:27:18

We've been asked by the team at Birds Eye to find 20 families to take part in the "Birds Eye Teatime Handover" in the run up to Mother's Day.
Birds Eye say "In the run up to Mum's special day on Sunday 10th March, families across Great Britain are being encouraged to give mothers an evening off, put their aprons on and come together in the kitchen to make their favourite teatime meal"

Obviously most (but not all) MNers are mums themselves so - if you are a mum - we're asking you on this occasion to apply to take part for your family. All dadsnetters very welcome to apply to take part too!

So if you'd like to get involved please read on - we're looking for families who are in the UK and have at least one child in the family.

If you're selected to take part you'll be sent £15 worth of Birds Eye and supermarket vouchers to buy product and ingredients. You can choose which supermarket you'd like to use. Please note the feedback thread will be live from around 4th March so please only apply if you're around in the week leading up to Mother's Day to add your comments (this is a fast turnaround project!).

Then we'd like the family (not mums!) to come up with a teatime family meal or 2 - there are loads of ideas on the Birds Eye Facebook page or on their website

Maybe the family could....

Make their own tartare sauce to go with Fish Fingers

Try a homemade tomato dip with some chicken

Try something different with a Bird Eye product (Chicken Dipper Fajitas anyone?!) or even a Tuna Melt Voffletopper

What we'd want you to do is have some fun with the Birds Eye range - get your family to think 'outside the box' and give you a culinary surprise in the days leading up to Mother's Day - the meal doesn't have to be served on the day if you are being whisked off for a meal out wink

In return we'd need you to add feedback on a thread on Mumsnet. You can also add your own recipes featuring Birds Eye products to the MN recipe pages or to the Birds Eye Facebook page. We'd also want to see some photos of the creations to the thread or via email. These photos may well be used on the Birds Eye facebook pages but won't be linked to your MN name.

Everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £100 John Lewis voucher. There'll be an additional £50 voucher up for grabs for any MNer who adds a comment to the feedback thread so keep an eye out for it.

If you'd like to take part please add your details here

thanks and good luck
MNHQ

florencebabyjo Tue 26-Feb-13 13:55:26

Lighten up everyone!
I don't think it really suggests us mummys are slaving away at home and will be ever so grateful to have the evening off, but will give our darlings a chance to be a bit creative for us. Think of a glorified cooking session for them with the added bonus of our seeing their dear little ketchup smeared faces as they present us with their offerings. Ahhh, sweet.

THERhubarb Tue 26-Feb-13 14:46:18

<chokes on vodka>

Gin, darling, gin!

Now, if MN wanted to do a 'give mum gin for mother's day' and invite Gordon's on, they'd have a field day.

JenniferHelen Tue 26-Feb-13 15:41:23

Ewww... think we'll stick to cooking with fresh ingredients... Chilli con canter anyone?

DieWilde13 Tue 26-Feb-13 17:16:17

Sorry, AnnMumsnet, but just repeating the marketing waffle (or voffle...) that Bird's Eye provide you with is not really going to cut the mustard!

I despair when I see what utter non-starters corporate marketing professionals dream up in their meetings. I am your target group, and this initiative is so far off the mark... hmm

THERhubarb Tue 26-Feb-13 17:19:54

Yet another reason to employ me Birds Eye - gwan, you know you want to! I'm freeeeeeee wink

DieWilde13 Tue 26-Feb-13 17:34:16

Rhubarb, I really have to hold back and not post a few alternative suggestions.

Bird's Eye, feel free to PM, I have a few ideas for you and am available part time / for job share. [pretty please emoticon]

Does BE actually understand the whole concept of Mothering Sunday .... Or are they just trying to hijack an otherwise religious festival for profit ...

If they want to celebrate MOTHER'S DAY fine - but do it on the 2nd Sunday of May.

I'm sorry, AnnMN, but I feel the same as DieWild. You're not really answering. And it does seem a pity to ruin good MN campaigns like 'Let girls be girls' by supporting this guff.

Fillybuster Thu 28-Feb-13 11:29:26

Damn, I signed up thinking 'the dcs will have a reallyfun activity choosing some veg and fish to cook with dh, and then doing it all together for an hour or so, and we've got nothing in particular planned for that date'....then I read the thread, especially LRDs points (all of which I entirely agree with)......now I'm worried I've compromised all my feminist principles....and I've been selected!

Thank you for choosing us...my dcs will enjoy the challenge, and aged 7, 5 and 2, this will be about the right level for them, which I think was the point. The vouchers will be used for vegetables etc, and I suspect omelettes, pizza, savoury muffins or home-made pasta sauce will make an appearance. Although I doubt we'll be positioning it as my mothers day treat....grin

Ive been picked smile
My dc will love making dinners up, ds 4 loves cooking savoury dinners and loves fish fingers so win win grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now