This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Do you cook for your family? Testers needed for new Bisto Stock Melts - receive a cooking pack worth £30 and chance to win £100 for feedback

(172 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Sep-12 13:24:58

We've been asked by the team at Bisto to find up to 30 MNers (UK only) to try out their new Stock Melts. These hit the shops in Sept so testers would be among the first to try them out.

Bisto say "New Bisto Stock Melts are little portions of concentrated stock that contain real meat juices, herbs and seasoning to deliver extra depth of flavour and enhance dinnertime dishes with a richer taste. Whether your family enjoys traditional British fare such as home-made soups, pies and casseroles, or meals from other cuisines which have become British favourites like spaghetti bolognese or chicken risotto, there's a Bisto Stock Melt flavour to suit everyone.

Packed in individual pots, Bisto Stock Melts can be added directly in your cooking without the need to dilute them first - so no mess, no fuss - they just melt deliciously rich deep flavour directly into your home cooked meals."

If you're selected for the test you'll be sent a pack containing the full selection of products, as well as ingredient suggestions, recipes and kitchen utensils to help you create some delicious family meals (the pack is worth £30).
You can choose from a meat pack or vegetarian pack. In terms of any allergies: the on pack advice is: contains barley, wheat, gluten, celery.

We're looking for a range of people for this - people who cook for the family at home and who think they could include these in the regular weekly menu.

Selected testers will need to try the Stock Melts and then add feedback at least twice on what they cooked and how they found the Melts - you will be emailed a link to the feedback thread. Please only apply if you are around w/c 24 Sept to add your feedback.

In addition each tester who adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £100 voucher for Amazon

If you'd like to be considered please sign up here

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Oct-12 15:34:27
Hulababy Fri 05-Oct-12 13:49:24

Received my parcel today from post office. Tried to deliver Wednesday. Is there a link to a test feedback thread.

Like that I have meet and veggie melts as ideal for us. I don't eat meat but dh and dd do.

Love my Joseph Joseph utensils - fab bonus. Already have some and these go great.

So is next week okay to start using?

CouthyMowWearingOrange Fri 05-Oct-12 00:18:22

Made my own chicken risotto tonight. Added peppers and sweetcorn. Was yummy. Wasn't at all salty - in fact was less salty than the pan I made with Knorr. (Had to do two pans as DS1 can't use the Bisto as not GF).

I have decided that the Bisto are definitely more 'chickeny', and am a convert!

Yum!

Um. I just make it up tbh. Usually I brown 500g of mince for 5-10 minutes then add a can of chopped tomatoes, garlic, stock, chopped onion and peppers, seasoning and tomato purée (sometimes half a jar of Dolmio smile) and cook it for 15-20 minutes while the pasta is simmering. You just need to keep an eye on it in case you need to add a bit of water.

soremummy Thu 04-Oct-12 18:00:02

Where did if get the instructions from for doing bolognaise? I might try that with a beef stock pot

Oh yes, soremummy - I always use the Actifry for meatballs and bolognaise and mince in gravy etc as it reduces the sauce beautifully. I just chuck in the meat, vegetables, stock, garlic and herbs and it stirs it all for you. Magic!

soremummy Thu 04-Oct-12 16:18:52

Almost meatballs in an actifry? I've only ever done homemade chips in mine i think I need recipes for it Sounds like I could use some of the stock pots in it

Oh noes! I killed the thread with my twattiness sad sad

Has anyone else tried the beefy one yet? I made meatballs in my Actifry and it was gorgeous! It was like the difference between seeing a film on telly or watching it in 3D in a surround sound cinema grin

I think I may be a convert smile

CouthyMowWearingOrange Wed 03-Oct-12 18:35:26

Love the utensils! My old fish slice had a broken handle.

I like the look of the chicken risotto, and am planning a vegetable soup too.

The packaging is better than Knorr's - you can do it up again after using one. First plus point for me!

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous packaging, lovely cooking utensils, risotto rice, garlic and loads of stock!

Planning a chicken risotto, a cottage pie and a spag bog this week. The stir fry on the veg stock pack sounds nice too.

Oooo I have come home from work to a huge parcel - just the same as browny describes. Too late to use today, but I will use a beef one in the slow cooker tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it now smile. I think I might try the vegetable rissotto as well - there is a recipe on the back of the rice packet which sounds nice.

phantomhairpuller Wed 03-Oct-12 16:16:40

Ooh, I should add, I didnt receive an email, though I did have a phonecall from the bisto lady. annmumsnet how do I leave my feedback?! X

phantomhairpuller Wed 03-Oct-12 16:12:02

Just had my delivery grin lovely lovely. Beefy spag bol for tea me thinks wink

missymoomoomee Wed 03-Oct-12 16:07:03

Went out on the school run and returned to my delivery, what lovely cooking utensils. I'm making cottage pie tonight, can't wait.

NinthWave Wed 03-Oct-12 15:54:00

Just took delivery of my box this afternoon - carrot and lentil soup will be the first experiment!

I've got mine too! I can't believe the utensils!! So excited! It's like Christmas!! grin

missymoomoomee Wed 03-Oct-12 14:20:22

I still haven't had mine yet, got all excited earlier when a parcel man came to my door, only to be shot down in flames when he asked me to take something in for me neighbour sad

CouthyMowWearingOrange Wed 03-Oct-12 14:14:08

Had a delivery just now. Shepherds pie here we come!!

soremummy Wed 03-Oct-12 11:31:40

I've had a delivery same as browny

CouthyMowWearingOrange Wed 03-Oct-12 09:44:40

So no, nothing here either. Have the ingredients for a shepherd's pie. Except for the stock...

browny Wed 03-Oct-12 09:44:18

Ooh, just had a huge box delivered and didn't have a clue what it was! I didn't receive an e-mail, so it was a nice suprise grin. I chose the meat variety and received three different boxes of stock melts, three lovely cooking utensils, garlic and rice! Now...what to cook for the tea? smile.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Wed 03-Oct-12 09:43:34

I was phoned and told to expect the package, but haven't received it yet. No note from courier either, and there has been someone in the house 24/7 as I have been ill.

soremummy Wed 03-Oct-12 09:40:57

I sent a message to Ann and she gave me a number to ring I spoke to the girl at bisto and I'm supposed to get a delivery today. I will let you know if /when I receive the parcel

missymoomoomee Tue 02-Oct-12 18:43:47

Oh thank goodness I thought it was just me who hadn't received anything yet. <angrily glares at 2 year old knorr stock cubes I shall have to resort to tomorrow night if there is no delivery>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now