Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED: Do you cook for your family? Testers needed for new Bisto Stock Melts - receive a cooking pack worth £30 and chance to win £100 for feedback

(172 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Sep-12 13:24:58

We've been asked by the team at Bisto to find up to 30 MNers (UK only) to try out their new Stock Melts. These hit the shops in Sept so testers would be among the first to try them out.

Bisto say "New Bisto Stock Melts are little portions of concentrated stock that contain real meat juices, herbs and seasoning to deliver extra depth of flavour and enhance dinnertime dishes with a richer taste. Whether your family enjoys traditional British fare such as home-made soups, pies and casseroles, or meals from other cuisines which have become British favourites like spaghetti bolognese or chicken risotto, there's a Bisto Stock Melt flavour to suit everyone.

Packed in individual pots, Bisto Stock Melts can be added directly in your cooking without the need to dilute them first - so no mess, no fuss - they just melt deliciously rich deep flavour directly into your home cooked meals."

If you're selected for the test you'll be sent a pack containing the full selection of products, as well as ingredient suggestions, recipes and kitchen utensils to help you create some delicious family meals (the pack is worth £30).
You can choose from a meat pack or vegetarian pack. In terms of any allergies: the on pack advice is: contains barley, wheat, gluten, celery.

We're looking for a range of people for this - people who cook for the family at home and who think they could include these in the regular weekly menu.

Selected testers will need to try the Stock Melts and then add feedback at least twice on what they cooked and how they found the Melts - you will be emailed a link to the feedback thread. Please only apply if you are around w/c 24 Sept to add your feedback.

In addition each tester who adds feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £100 voucher for Amazon

If you'd like to be considered please sign up here

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

Groovee Wed 12-Sep-12 15:21:35

Done x

Fedupnagging Wed 12-Sep-12 15:39:02

Signed up smile

Sounds intriguing - hope I get on!

Done. These sound good, perfect for slow-cooker season.

Done (well, I actually filled the form in before the school run but got distractedblush)

browny Wed 12-Sep-12 16:26:33

Me too please smile

RedKites Wed 12-Sep-12 16:38:38

Probably not going to enter as DC2 is due the week you want feedback, so it's unlikely much cooking is going to get done. However, like a PP I'm interested to know what the salt content is - it'd be good to have more low salt stock options.

LostItYearsAgo Wed 12-Sep-12 16:43:12

Done grin

randomfemale Wed 12-Sep-12 16:49:31

I've signed up!

SirGOLDBoobs Wed 12-Sep-12 16:57:42

Done.

vincenta Wed 12-Sep-12 17:04:21

Done smile

Gauchita Wed 12-Sep-12 17:04:51

Done. (Still hurt after the Phillips rejection) grin

ChippyMinton Wed 12-Sep-12 17:05:11

Sound good - are they kept in the store cupboard or do they need to be refrigerated?

nickelcognito Wed 12-Sep-12 17:09:48

ooh!
I'd love to do this - I love Bisto (gravy is not gravy if it's not Bisto, right!)

Also interested in the salt cotntent to suit salt loving dh and salt loathing me

Dolallytats Wed 12-Sep-12 17:52:48

Done.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Sep-12 18:14:12

Will ask salt re folks - I think low salt but let me get some stats for tomorrow.

And storage.

Tortington Wed 12-Sep-12 18:15:24

how many carbs?

c'mon!!

MamaGeekChic Wed 12-Sep-12 18:21:43

Done smile

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 12-Sep-12 18:24:25

Done.

Naoko Wed 12-Sep-12 18:39:09

Could we get a full ingredient list? I'd love to but DP has a rather less common allergy than the ones listed...

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 12-Sep-12 18:48:40

Done. And the weather changing has now made me start to think of lovely, warming, autumnal food. Yum.

Tabbykat Wed 12-Sep-12 18:58:39

Done smile

I have entered - they sound good don't they. I'm looking forward to my first beef stew of the year as well smile

They don't do a gluten free one do they? My MIL has coeliac but usually uses bisto best (I think) as it's ok for her.

Tschiffely Wed 12-Sep-12 19:10:43

Done. It's coming up for slow cooker time so trying new stock would be fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now