WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Kim Woodburn, of Kim and Aggie fame joining us for lunchtime webchat between 12 and 1pm on Tuesday 22nd September.

(280 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Sep-09 10:03:40

Kim, presenter of 'How Clean is Your house' will be joining us to answer your questions on cleaning and tidying and generally turning your house from pigsty to palace on Tuesday (22nd) lunchtime between 12 and 1pm. If you're unable to join us, then send your questions in to this thread.

MamaG Sun 27-Sep-09 12:56:05

ooh Gentle those are awful aren't they!

WHAT ledodgy, WHAT?!

GentleOtter Fri 25-Sep-09 19:49:59

Damn. That did not work. <tries again and hopes the bloody Christmas tree pic does not appear>

GentleOtter Fri 25-Sep-09 19:46:50

Had a right kerfuffle doing all that MamaG but the mushrooms should be on profile. They have grown today.
They are in the ceiling/waterpipe area and it looks all horrid. Yes, Kim would not be very impressed and Aggie would take a swab.

What on earth are they?

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Fri 25-Sep-09 12:45:21

Nice try mama you almost got me then! grin

KimWoodbum Fri 25-Sep-09 12:44:46

hello again dears

Just popped back quickly to settle the argument and let you know that my favourite Mumsnetter is MamaG.

Keep cleaning ladies!

MamaG Fri 25-Sep-09 12:41:45

Yes, do. Either upload direclty from your computer onto MyMumsent, or upload to picturetrail and link <bossy>

GentleOtter Thu 24-Sep-09 21:24:50

I am going to take a photo of them MamaG and post them if I can figure out how to do it. We are all shocked - I knew it was damp but they just appeared and are big orangey things like ears.shock
I have a nice clean floor but a toadstool wall <wail>

fanjolina Thu 24-Sep-09 15:36:49

Damn - she didn't answer the loobrush question

MamaG Thu 24-Sep-09 10:00:00

GentleOTter you can NOT be a favourite if you have fungus growing in your house <wrinkles nose>

LatinDAISYcal Wed 23-Sep-09 22:28:03

thanks for the tips GentleOtter and LilRedWG smile

GentleOtter Wed 23-Sep-09 15:28:07

Well, I hate to pee on everyone's parade but I think FlyMeToDunoon and I were odds on favourites with our floors. <preen>

LatinDAISYcal- try the new Jeyes Fluid squirty stuff (Asda) - it is yellow. I went mental with cleaning yesterday and got some of this stuff and it is brilliant on uPVC, grotty bits and other things.

We discovered loads of mushrooms growing out of the kitchen wall yesterday shock

LilRedWG Wed 23-Sep-09 08:31:21

DAISY - DH used a JML Magic Eraser on ours - they came up like new.

LatinDAISYcal Tue 22-Sep-09 23:46:54

<sobs>

I missed this sad sad and she didn't answer my question (posted last week!!!!) about my old and tired uPVC window frames sad

MamaG Tue 22-Sep-09 21:05:18

bless her

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Tue 22-Sep-09 21:01:39

grin did you notice she wouldn't say my name though in her replies to me but did to everyone else I dont tink se wanted to write down 'Daily Mail stinks of poo' in case she was sued or something.

MamaG Tue 22-Sep-09 20:58:59

She loved me more than you. I actually HELPED two MNers with their problems, you just described fake tan in great detail grin grin

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Tue 22-Sep-09 20:57:49

No Mama G it was definately me. <she did love us didn't she?> grin

MamaG Tue 22-Sep-09 20:47:20

Do you know, Iactually think I was Kim's favourite on this chat. I really do.

CloudDragon Tue 22-Sep-09 20:35:04

to get rid of crayon on walls (ir anything) -scrub with white toothpaste

a miracle!

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 22-Sep-09 19:55:42

Ingles2, fear not - there's a fantastic concoction care of Anthea Turner (hope Kim isn't listening), called Anthea's Ultimate Grimebuster:

2tbsp white vinegar
2rsp borax
2 teacups water
3 drops lavender oil
3 drops tea tree oil
Mix together, pour into a sprayer and, as Anthea says, away you go!

Works a treat on the Aga, as do those cleaning blocks you can get.

Wish there was some way of successfully cleaning inside the lids. Any clues?

3littlefrogs Tue 22-Sep-09 18:09:13

Blu tak on brick wall - try a wire brush, even better, try holding ice pack on the blutak for a few minutes, then wire brush.

i think we should invite her to the mn xmas party grin

rubyslippers Tue 22-Sep-09 16:32:16

thanks for answering my question Kim smile

she was fab wasn't she?

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Tue 22-Sep-09 16:22:08

So happy to help on many levels!

corblimeymadam Tue 22-Sep-09 16:07:10

Thanks crackwhore... always wanted to call someone that but always felt it was rather rude to do so! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now