WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Live webchat with Hugh Grant (!!!) about the Leveson report and press reform, Monday 10 December, 8pm

(439 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Dec-12 09:32:30

We're delighted to announce that sleb-actor-turned-campaigner Hugh Grant (yes it's Hugh grin) is joining us for a webchat tonight, Monday, December 10 at 8pm.

Hugh keen to talk to us about the Leveson report and press reform. As you probably know he's been a prominent member of Hacked Off, and before that was best known for his quintessential English gent roles in movies such as Four Weddings and a Funeral and Love Actually.

Hacked Off is an alliance of victims of press abuse, journalists, academics, lawyers and others who successfully campaigned for a public inquiry into the phone hacking scandal.

And now that the inquiry's been held (by Lord Leveson), Hacked Off wants all Leveson's recommendations for press reform implemented.

(This webchat is focused on Leveson, so we hope you'll understand that Hugh will prioritising Qs about that ahead of Qs about his career/personal life/choice of biscuits - although, if there's time, he will do his best to address a few of those too.)

So, join us and Hugh, online at 8pm tonight. If you can't make it then, you can post up advance questions on this thread.

I can't believe I missed this!

<weeps uncontrollably>

I demand Hugh comes back one day very soon!

MalcolmGrant Tue 11-Dec-12 23:19:20

Swoooooon i would just love to meet Hugh Grant in the flesh. He's a dish, a good English dish of boiled potatoes, boiled carrots, overdone roast beef and boiled plum pudding.

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 22:18:03

grin He could have left a little note at MNHQ which they can send to me, or something. {sobs}

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Tue 11-Dec-12 21:54:11

LadyMary, we know <taps nose>. And I'm not jealous at all. Oh no <nose growing rapidly> grin

funnyperson Tue 11-Dec-12 20:54:23

I really like the little mumsnet video. I thought Hugh Grant came across as so much nicer, more natural and - yes, a lot younger- than he looked in his movies. His normal voice is so much nicer than the poshed up one he used for Hollywood. Wishing him a very happy Christmas. DD and I watch 'Love Actually' every Christmas, so I owe him many thanks for very happy memories while I curl up on the sofa with my daughter year after year. smile

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 20:42:00

Imagine how I feel. Hugh grant gave me a kiss and wants to come to my house for Christmas Lunch! I doubt anyone will believe me. sad

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Tue 11-Dec-12 20:39:19

<sigh> I was dying to tell someone at work today that I had a question answered last night - by HUGH GRANT! But, it would mean outing myself <doh!> so I can't do it. Damn.

I'll just need to get on with the t-shirt printing, and watch the puzzled looks I get when wearing it. grin

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 20:29:44

grin

Hugh, if you're reading this, you're still welcome to come for Christmas lunch. Don't worry if you're busy, just have fun! wine

BoffinMum Tue 11-Dec-12 19:17:26

<sulks>
Well the next queue then.
<folds arms>

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 18:00:26

Hugh's already kissed me! wink

BoffinMum Tue 11-Dec-12 17:56:14

I would offer to take my clothes off but given the postnatal appearance I think this might have a counterintuitive effect on the poor chap.

<thinks>

You is well above yourself, innit. Everyone knows I am first in the mistletoe queue. Innit.

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 17:49:24

Hugh's MINE!!! Mwuhahaha! grin

I'm going to dress up...as me! I wouldn't want to be anyone else.

BoffinMum Tue 11-Dec-12 17:43:29

LadyMary, you obv have not seen Hugh's MN film. wink
Crunchie stuffing in this house, and I promise to dress up like Nigella.

Jellykat Tue 11-Dec-12 17:42:13

Room for one more LadyMC ?

My DSs are old enough to be left alone, i'll get them a pizza grin

LadyMaryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-12 17:32:40

blush I'm cooking anyway, so it would be no bother. I have guests on the 21st so have to clean up, so that will be no bother either. I just hope he brings some champagne with him. wink

Crunchie Stuffing? What's that?

Starter of smoked salmon on 'stuff', roast goose and the trimmings for main, chocolate cake for desert and a lot of wine! Sound OK?

BoffinMum Tue 11-Dec-12 15:30:26

It is because she offered goose and he is well posh and posh people eat goose. No four bird roast from Aldi for Hugh!

But if he comes around mine, I promise Crunchie Stuffing. Top that, LadyMary. grin

MrsChristmasVamos Tue 11-Dec-12 15:26:03

Bear

I've warned her he might actually turn up. grin

Ahh, LadyMary he mentioned Christmas lunch on the video, I think he liked your offer.

Welovecouscous Tue 11-Dec-12 12:58:23

Lucky MNHQ smile

QuickLookBusy Tue 11-Dec-12 12:43:42

I expect MNHQ haven't recovered from last night yet.

we could create havoc and no one would care

FrancesMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Dec-12 11:48:18

In case you havent seen Hugh's video

BoffinMum Tue 11-Dec-12 10:18:48

That was a great webchat even if I didn't get any flirting. Can MNHQ please ask Hugh to make it an annual Christmas event, even if his campaign is successful? As a national treasure he surely owes it to the mothers of Britain to keep morale up, as they say. grin

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 11-Dec-12 09:38:22

The video was all I saw of him and it was a fab demonstration of chocolate digestive eating! blush <naughty thoughts>

Btw I'm not complaining

I think the video came out a bit more suggestive than intended

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now