WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. See full guidelines here.

Question for Mary Beard

(2 Posts)
lindseypins Thu 04-Oct-12 17:07:21

Mary, you very kindly provided me with information recently re: joining an archaeology dig at Herculaneum next year, which I definitely plan to do (it's my romantic attempt to be a female indiana jones & escape the oikos!...think my hubby, children & spaniels will enjoy the peace if I'm away)....anyway

My question is: Approximately how much of Herculaneum & Pompeii remain uncovered and can potentially be excavated? (bearing in mind all the modern buildings surrounding/lying on top of the classical ruins ...esp. in Herculaneum)

Thank you for being a super-cool classical Goddess (& for showing AA Gill that intellectual women don't have to conform to dull physical stereotypes!)
Lindsey

MardyBra Fri 05-Oct-12 14:20:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now