MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Live webchat with author Kathy Lette - TODAY, Monday 23rd April, 1pm

(83 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Apr-12 11:51:35

Author Kathy Lette is joining us on Monday 23 April for a live webchat from 1- 2pm. In her latest novel, The Boy Who Fell to Earth, Kathy draws on own her experience of raising her son, Julius (now 21) who has Asperger syndrome. It tells the story of Lucy, single-parent to Merlin who is autistic, and and the joys and tribulations of raising her eccentrically adorable yet challenging son. With her usual wit and glittering style, Kathy's latest novel is both funny and deeply moving.

Kathy's first novel, Puberty Blues, was published when she was a teenager and she's since written 11 international bestsellers including Mad Cows, How to Kill Your Husband and To Love Honour and Betray.

Join Kathy on Monday 23 April at 1pm and you'll be entered into a draw to win one of five copies of The Boy Who Fell to Earth.

gazzalw Mon 23-Apr-12 17:40:02

Wow she answered my question. She's a natural wit! Great fun and just oozes Mumsnet qualities too grin. Thanks for inviting her - that was inspired!

judithann Mon 23-Apr-12 20:41:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

peekabooby Mon 23-Apr-12 20:45:13

Missed webchat due to a family bereavement, I read your new book over the weekend and was amazed to find the phrase "Space time continuem" this was ds 8 who has AS, favorite obsession for a while.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 24-Apr-12 11:54:56

We agree, great webchat and Kathy was a truly lovely guest, not to mention exceedingly glam in her book-print suit (we'll put some of the pics up on Facebook) Congratulations to: DameEdnaBeverage, runninggal, latedeveloper, cocolepew and peachy who have each won a copy of The Boy Who Fell to Earth. We'll be pm-ing you with more details.

CocoLePew Tue 24-Apr-12 12:54:11

I won!! I've never won anything before.

Thank you grin

runninggal Tue 24-Apr-12 17:08:39

Thank you. Thats great.

Brilliant - that's cheered me up! smile

latedeveloper Tue 24-Apr-12 21:04:17

Yay - likewise a normally unlucky person here grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now