MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Boris Johnson webchat, TODAY, Mon 16 Apr, 11.30am-12.30pm

(205 Posts)
FrancesMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Apr-12 11:18:37

In the run up to the London Mayoral elections in May, we're very pleased to announce that Boris Johnson will be joining us for a webchat on Monday 16th April from 11.30am to 12.30pm. In May 2008, Boris was elected the first Conservative Mayor of London. He was the MP for Henley-on-Thames from 2001 to 2007, and held the posts of Vice Chairman, Shadow Minister for the Arts and Shadow Minister of Higher Education.

Do please join us for the webchat. Boris is keen to hear your views and to answer your questions. As ever, if you can't make it, please post up your advance questions here.
Thanks, MNHQ

noseynoonoo Mon 16-Apr-12 12:36:07

Brilliant biscuit answer - Gordon Brown take note!

BorisJohnson Mon 16-Apr-12 12:38:57

I will let you all in on a conversation i had this morning
I was in No 10 making the case for more funding for London and received some high-level advice that Mumsnet was the toughest assignment a politician could face

I want you to know i have much enjoyed it and hope that if I prevail on May 3 you may think it worth inviting me back

ps thanks for the tip about the hairbrush.

DottyDot Mon 16-Apr-12 12:39:52

ooh Boris you smooth talker you.... smile

crazynanna Mon 16-Apr-12 12:40:15

Re the biscuit answer...Boris just sounds to me like a man that wants it all! wink

SarahStratton Mon 16-Apr-12 12:40:39

Thank you Boris, and thank you very much for answering my inane questions, as well as the serious ones.

<mwah>

gazzalw Mon 16-Apr-12 12:42:21

Thanks for answering our question, Boris!

Good luck on 3rd May too!

crazynanna Mon 16-Apr-12 12:42:25

We did actually give you an easy ride Boris,to be honest.

Probably because so many on here fancy you rotten although that is not my view I'm a Johny Depp girl myself

Calamityboo Mon 16-Apr-12 12:43:48

Hi Boris, I do not live in London, but do like to visit it from time to time, I can't pretend to understand the issues that you have down there in that London, as the little town I live in has only got 3 roads, and 2 of them go to the same place grin. Do you think that smaller cities and towns could benefit from an elected Mayor? What do you bring to to the role that a local council leader could not do? We do have a mayor, but it is more of a charitable role.

Calamityboo Mon 16-Apr-12 12:44:36

sad too late

MissAnneThrope Mon 16-Apr-12 12:51:05

He didn't actually answer the plain or milk quezza tho [eagle-eye-swivel]. He bouffed his way around it, as per.

SarahStratton Mon 16-Apr-12 12:52:48

I like both, I prefer to think of it as being non-discriminatory. grin

MissAnneThrope Mon 16-Apr-12 13:01:46

I was really hoping he wld be v late, so we could all moan perimenopausally about whether we'd lost our bojo.

MissAnneThrope Mon 16-Apr-12 13:05:26

<strums Mr BoJongles, wistfully>

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Apr-12 13:33:02

Boris with his OFRS in tow.

Nearlypopped Mon 16-Apr-12 13:47:58

Classic photo - love it!

SarahStratton Mon 16-Apr-12 13:52:07

Superb specimen. grin

Naice OFRS too.

deepfriedcupcake Mon 16-Apr-12 14:09:44

smile

Betelguese Mon 16-Apr-12 14:16:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoffinMum Mon 16-Apr-12 14:22:01

He is not charming.
He did not answer my question in Latin.
I only asked if he thought the country was too London-centric at the expense of the other 80% of the UK population.
That wasn't so hard.
Don't give him any biscuits.

SarahStratton Mon 16-Apr-12 15:30:16

He can have as many chocolate digestives as his heart desires as far as I'm concerned. He answered both of my Highly Important questions.

grin

Mind you, he probably remembered me from last time we met.

<channels her Inner Brick>

heliumballoon Mon 16-Apr-12 15:34:43

And he didn't answer my question about female representation in his top team and the Conservative London Assembly members. Probably because the answer is that representation is woefully low, I imagine.
<hides biscuit barrel>

SuePurblyBusinesslike Mon 16-Apr-12 17:54:47

Arf at remembered you from the last time Stratts. You mean that time your face was pressed up against the window of his cab, all adoring eyes and flat squished nose?

Has anybody ever actually said Jammy Dodger btw?

I do quite love Bozza. He's definitely the most shaggable Tory smile

TunipTheVegemal Mon 16-Apr-12 20:50:34

<admires Boris's masterful handling of the Biscuit Question>

I don't like him. But that was impressive.

Betelguese Mon 16-Apr-12 21:21:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now